- Juice of 1 orange plus water to make 1 1/4 cups
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon sucanat (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- grated rind of 1 (organic) orange
- 1 1/2 cups white bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup dried currants
Makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
Put ingredients into bread machine in the order preferred by the manufacturer. I used the “regular” setting (rather than whole wheat), and did not bother with the “fruit and nut” setting because the currants are so small and light. An excellent Sunday Morning vegan bread!