- 1/4 lb. spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or one if too strong)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 cups tightly packed, chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta al dente
Heat oil in medium skillet (nonstick is better) and sautee onion, garlic and dill over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add spinach and garbanzo beans and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
Drain pasta. Mix pasta and spinach mixture in serving bowl. Add lemon juice and salt/pepper.
This recipe is one of my favorites and it’s quick. I usually double the recipe and eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Preparation time: 20 min.