- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut to even sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 2-3 tablespoon vegan soymilk
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ww flour or ground almonds for coating
- oil for frying
Boil potatoes in water to cover until they are tender. This will take about 20 min. Drain potatoes and dry them in the pan over low heat for about 1-2 min.
Mash the potatoes with the margarine and soy milk to give it a creamy texture.
Stir in the slivered almonds and parsley and salt and pepper.
Form into 8 potatoe shaped cylinders and coat with flour or almonds
fry in shallow oil in frying pan until one side is crips.
turn over and fry again until crisp.
Drain on paper towels and serve right away.