- 5-7 large russet potatoes — cubed
- 2-3 large leeks — chopped (Use as much of the leek that you can)
- 1-1.5 yellow onions — chopped
- 10 leaves fresh bazil — diced
- 1/8 cup of tyme (dried)
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic –diced
- salt / pepper / garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup of vegan soymilk (optional)
- Knorr’s potato leek soup mix (or Arrow root to thicken a bit)
- 2 cans cream of asparagus soup (optional)
- 8-12 quarts of water
The prep time is a bit missleading… This soup will cook for about 2 Hrs, but there’s not much prep involved at all!
– Peel and cube the potates
-Put potatoes, tyme and basil into salted water and boil for about 45mins – 1 Hr.
– Add the leaks, onions, and garlic to the mix. Turn down the heat and simmer for another 45 mins – 1 Hr. Stir frequently or the potatoes will burn to the bottom of the pot…. Ugghh.
– Add garlic powder for flavor and a little arrow root to thicken a bit … When I’m lazy I just use 2 packs of Knorr’s potato leak soup.
– Let cook another 5 mins or so stiring freq.
– At this point you could add 1 cup of soy milk. ** My wife likes to add two cans of cream of asparagus soup… but that’s optional.