* You, the chosen one, has gained all memories of all your reincarnations, and decides that fulfilling the prophecy and saving the world is no longer worth it
* I second bees. Millions of bees are dying off, with alarming consequences for our environment and our food supply. We rely on bees to pollinate everything from almonds to strawberries to the alfalfa used to feed dairy cows. What happens if the bees disappear? It’s simple: No bees, no food. Believe it or not, you have a bee to thank for every one in three bites of food you eat.
* Scientists know that bees are dying from a variety of factors—pesticides, drought, habitat destruction, nutrition deficit, air pollution, global warming and more. Many of these causes are interrelated. The bottom line is that we know humans are largely responsible for the two most prominent causes: pesticides and habitat loss (source)
* You are a ghost, and you now have one goal: keep your enemy alive for as long as possible so you don’t have to deal with them in the afterlife
* You are an Uber driver for Death, picking up souls before taking them to their final destination.
* The whole world worships and praises you as the chosen one. The problem is, you don’t know what you were chosen for. When you finally find out, you’re horrified, but it’s too late to back out now.
* It is a well-known fact that the more passion is put into art, the more of the artist’s soul is lost. The government limits one piece of art per person to be created. But artists and authors still have more than one story to share, soul be damned. You work in the crime of passions. You are an underground publisher.
* Suddenly, the evil Lord Of Logic descends on the land, forcing all it touches to obey the laws of physics.
* The god Zeus has died and left a will. In this will, it is written that everything he owned is to be shared among his descendants in a way that is agreed upon by everyone involved. You are the unlucky executioner of his will in charge of this mess.
* Dreams are the place where the borders between realities fade away and time doesn’t exist. One night you dream of an alternate reality where your soul mate will be brutally killed. Desperate to stop this from happening, you find a way to cross into that reality from the waking world, but once you arrive to the alternate reality you learn there’s a reason your soul mate must die. And you’re the best person for the job.
* We used to have this furby that we kept in a closet and sometimes, in the middle of the night, it would turn on and start talking, moving. At the time, we chalked this up to something falling on it. Now, however, we are smart enough to know that wasn’t the case.
* You are a mob boss, ruling the shadows of the royal capital with an iron, but respectively just, fist. You have connections everywhere, from the darkest streets to even the royal palace. One day, the king is killed, the throne taken away by greedy nobles and the queen and her children have to flee for their lives. Bleeding to death, she hands the prince and princess into your hand…
* You are one of the top assassins in the world, never missing a hit. One day you get a job, some lady asking for her kid to be taken out. Thinking nothing of it you open the photo attachment. Staring back at you is you.
* An orphan who never knew her parents, or a family, turns 18.
* Her education encourages her to take an internship. She ends up under the tutorage of a fantasy writer, who insist on giving her a dramatic origin story.
* You are a thief employed by the government. Your assignment is to break into a mad scientist’s lair and destroy his weapon so neither he, nor the world can use it. But when you get there, the only thing you find is a small vial labeled, ‘Cure for Cancer’.
* You wake up and the apocalypse has begun. You have nothing but the clothes on your back and the last five products you ordered online
* You are an Australian resident, in the far outback. You know everything you touch can be deadly. One day, you get stung by a scorpion, fearing the worst, you start digging your own grave. Then, a dark figure appears in front of you as you hit something in the ground. You find a chest and open it. In it is a necklace and some words on paper. You put the necklace on, and suddenly, the poison goes away. You turn to see a snake. The snake rears up and hisses. ‘My wish isss your command, masster..’
* A strange man with an eye patch approaches you one day after works and asks if he could talk to you about the Avengers Initiative. You’re a retail clerk with no powers and nothing strange has ever happened to you.
* Human blood turns darker with every evil act. One day the police knock on your door as they suspect you of killing your spouse. They bring you to a blood testing facility to see if you are the killer. Your blood is as white as fresh snow. You realize that you can get away with almost anything now, as you actually did kill your spouse.
* You belong in a secret social circle of telepaths at school. The thing is none of you have ever actually met up in person.
* You are a super powerful being that does their best to be a hero, but somehow, you always screw up. After a while you realise the world sees you as a villain.
* You, a normal High School student, have your world turned upside down when a prophecy arises, of one who will save the world, and it’s all about…. your best friend. You journey with them to save the world, but, really, you just want to make it back in time for the science exam.
* Excuse you? People can still give out valuable writing advice even if they are not published. Besides, not being published does not mean someone is a bad writer.
* The 2084 Miss Universe pageant is about to begin! There’s just one small complication: a group of visiting aliens heard about the pageant and want to compete. They bring out what they see as the most beautiful of their race: a heavyset, vaguely humanoid creature with huge tusks and green blotchy skin.
* All of the souls on Earth have passed away – except one. As the last one dies, God and the Devil meet to make a final soul judgement to decide whether the soul should be in heaven or hell. Little do they know, the last soul is the Grim Reaper, Death, and he has come to collect them as well.
* You are a human recovering from vampirism after you finally managed to escape your abusive vampire group. In retaliation, the horde that turned you kidnaps your love interest and turns them. Talk about the lengths you went through to get them back even though all they want now is to see you dead and about finally confronting the bloodsuckers that made your life a living hell.
* There is a section in Hell exclusively for people that have told someone “I’ll see you in Hell.” It is suprisingly lacks any of the hellfire and tortures that are usually associated with the rest of Hell. There is even a complementary snack bar.
* You know, they say everyone dies twice. Once when your body stops moving, and the second time when the last person you traumatized has their final disconcerting flashback to your amoral actions.
* You’re an NPC in a video game, who’s always been sensitive to its code. You’ve known for a long time that you’re an “Essential NPC”, and you take great pride in that fact. Then, one day when you’re talking to the hero, you can feel that “Essential” switch flip from on, to off.
* Greek mythology, but everything is upside down. Hephaestus cheats on Aphrodite with Artemis, who looks down on him but truly likes him. Hades is kidnapped by Persephone, and she keeps him on a flowery cage under a big tree with pink flowers. Zeus is loyal, doesn’t fuck around with women and men, while Hera just flirts with nearly everyone out of lust. Athena is still intelligent, but can’t put her knowledge into works, but most actions. Ares likes to plant daisies and meditate on Buddha gardens.
* When you were but wee lad you found a Genie by a pure stroke of luck while exploring places you shouldn’t be in the backroom of a thrift store. When asked what One wish you wanted granted, you say “I never want to lose rock-paper-scissors again!” Your wish is granted, and you go through your whole life up to college always winning games of RPS, having slight regrets about not wishing for something more substantial. However, unknown to you, the genie did not grant your wish in the way you thought. You’ve actually been winning all these by pure chance. Until one day at a party, someone is about to throw rock to your scissors, and it happens. Their entire arm explodes.
* You wake up one morning to find everything past romantic partners have ever promised you come true. What’s your life like?
* The world is running out of water. It’s gotten to the point that the Mariana Trench is a river. Assuming that there are still humans left the rich own all the water and the poor are now getting paid in water. The poor have begun to revolt. The water war has begun.
* Fairy godmothers do exist, and their one goal is to grant all the wishes they can. You are a fairy godmother with a special job: you regulate Internet posts that have promised good luck or miracles. You are responsible for finding everyone who reblogs or reposts it, identifying their wish, and making it come true.
* The Hero may have decided to spare the life of the Dark Lord, but you, the Dark Lord’s Former Coworker, will show no such mercy
* You are a hero who has been caught in a trap by your arch nemesis. As they are preparing their evil monologue just before killing you, they suddenly get a terrible case of the hiccups.
* It’s the year 2056 and it’s the Queen’s 130th birthday. You and your friends are watching the coverage of the celebrations and people are starting to get suspicious…
* They say if you follow the rainbow to its end, you’ll find a leprechaun’s pot o’ gold. You, however, find a leprechaun’s stash o’ pot.
* You fall asleep during a test and wake up to all the answers filled in correctly, even though you fell asleep before you could answer anything.
* The first ever picture of a black hole has just been released to the public! But someone had the job of censoring it from the public before it was released.
* You’re a Sim in Brindleton Bay. You’ve “lived” your entire life for this moment. You finally have enough satisfaction points to gain total free will from the player.
* You’re mute. Simple as that, right? Well, not exactly. You’re a royal prince. Your greatest nemesis is a child of another country’s rulers and along with that, your nemesis is blind. Both your disabilities come from a curse thrown by your common foe – an evil king. In order to break the curse, you need to go on a journey with your nemesis and overthrow the evil king. You never expected to fall in love with your blind companion, but – well, it happened.
* You’ve just been transported in a fantasy world. However, you’ve come to realize that you are no one special. No special abilities. No birthright titles. Disappointed, you are now motivated to learn magic and infiltrate into the empire’s royal family.
* You’re a witch who makes a living selling potions, breaking hexes, etc. You seem like a regular shopkeep, but, if someone can give you the correct code-word, they can buy illegal love potions from your store, instantly making the recipiant fall madly in love with the customer…
* Or at least that’s what would happen if you hadn’t started partnering with the FBI soon after you opened the store. Write about your first sting.
* A long time ago, every human had wings. When you were born, they were white, but they changed to all colours of the rainbow given what kind of life you live, from a light yellow to a dark blue. However, in this time only stumps are left, coloured in a muddy grey. No one remembers why humans left their wings, and no one cares anymore. That is, until a young man appears, seemingly without memory, with wings as tall as he is himself, fully feathered … but coloured in the darkest shade of black.
* In your world, one man is famous for having lived since the beginning of the human race. As the only great-great-etc. grandchild whom takes care of him, you write down information about the past that he relays to you. He always says, “I would only die when the world ends.” One day, he has a heart attack and dies.
* You are from the mid 5000’s and have been forcibly sent back in time to 2001; the years just before humanity’s biggest mistake in recorded history. Do you save the world and risk erasing yourself from existence or do you willfully ignore it and try to blend in until you can find your way home?
* Soulmate AU where everyone smells awful except for your soulmate. You find your soulmate, get married, and live together for several years. One morning you wake up and they smell horrible.
* I’ll save all the things i Could say about what should and shouldn’t be in your pets kibble for another post, maybe, or for anyone who has questions just hmu. i’m here to help the floofs be healthy
* All the gods and goddesses have been assigned a planet. Gaia has taken good care of earth and has given it life. She leaves her children and promises to be back in a couple billion years. Gaia forgot to give the other planets life so the rest of the gods and goddesses decided to play around with earth. Gaia comes back and sees what her kids did to her beautiful planet.
* You visit the website thispersondoesnotexist.com , where an AI produces realistic images of fake people. You refresh the page multiple times, amazed at how realistic the people look, when one catches you off guard. Your own face is there.
* You, the former protagonist and chosen one, is a bit concerned when your child falls in love with the child of the dark lord, your nemesis
* “Don’t you have a problem with your monsters?”
* “They don’t bother me, I don’t blast All Star at three in the morning.”
* When you die, you can plea to be reincarnated, but you must prove that you are worthy of being reincarnated in the form of an awkward job interview.
* Upon turning 30, every human gets their Kill Allowance. They can use it to kill one person per year, give a Kill to someone else, or save them for later years. Your 30th birthday is tomorrow.
* You have been transported back in time to Ancient Rome, and are forced to fight as a gladiator. You also happen to have several guns and a taser, all of which are enchanted so that no one may steal them from you.
* “Because murder is so much better! Who’s corpse is that?”
* In a dystopian future where freedom of expression is tightly controlled, there are a few hidden speakeasy places where people can create fanart, fanfiction, memes and talk about their favourite fandoms without fear. You are visiting this hidden place for the first time, and unfortunately, the place is about to be raided by the copyright police.
* In a world where genies are commonplace and delight in granting wishes in the most inconvenient way possible, you are a defense attorney who must defend your client, a well-meaning genie who is charged with felonious wish-granting.
* You work as a bartender on a cruise ship and all of your coworkers know you as the guy/girl that flirts with a young tourist every time the ship sets sail. Except, you’re not after a one night stand. You’re after the next soul for the monthly sacrifice.
* You just died, you wake up in a white room, in the middle of the room there is a button. Then gods there, he tells you that if you push the button you get a second chance at life and will live again, however one innocent person will die. You push it. The person who dies is offered the same deal, however if they push the button you will die.
* You’re the arch nemesis of a superhero. While trying to pinpoint your adversary’s potential weaknesses, you discover that this “protagonist” you’ve been battling for a long time has done some really shady and underhanded shit just to become a superhero.
* You’re a teenage boy who’s father is an eccentric rock musician living a far from ordinary life. He wants you to follow in his footsteps, but you just want to be a lawyer like the rest of you’re family…
* You rob a bank, as you are running away you hop into nearest car and yell at the driver to drive away fast. As you look up at them you find out they are stressed out 16 year old just learning to drive for the first time.
* Looks like I can make hats and beanies now! So I am calling upon everything that is unholy for blessings. Tumblr, what words do you want on a hat or beanie?
* in the center of the world, there is a single tree that sustains all life, each leaf representing a human. when someone is born, a new leaf grows, but if someone dies, the leaf falls.
* Somewhere in the universe, there is an annual meeting of super villains who have defeated their superhero nemesis. Write about how they defeated them and what they’re doing with their lives now.
* “The journey ahead will be long and difficult…
* You sit on the street with a sign that says: “Teach me anything you want”. After weeks of learning from strangers, you’re the only person that has complete knowledge on how to survive the impending apocalypse.
* Write about a superhero whose only power is that they always arrive right on time.
* Usually, you get bored and like to look at random places. Never people, just random areas in the room you’re in. Rumors at your school started going around that you could see ghosts and spirits, and the reason you’re always looking off into space is because you’re looking at a spirit, maybe even talking to them through thoughts. You, being the jackass you are, go along with it. One day during your second year of high school you wake up to a ghost screaming in your face ‘I heard you can see us! Please help me, my brother is missing!’
* Wait, what’s going, on? Did trump destroy internet privacy with a bill or something? Where’s the news? Oh wait, why am I getting visions of Alex Jones and selling water purifiers?
* He hasn’t yet but he says he wants to. And if he is serious about it it would be really easy to do. Since all our data is already recorded, as the person above explained.
* The President wants more surveillance of Muslim Americans. This in a country where internet privacy is already close to non-existent.
* One can only tell lies. One can only tell the truth. They fall in love with each other.
* A group of supernatural creatures go on a quest to rescue their human friend.
* Your restaurant makes the best food, it is really addictive and people always seem to be coming back begging for more. Your secret is that you make them all by hand and add a little special ingredient.
* Every 11:11 billions of people make wishes. Some harmless and some quite dangerous. All these wishes could come true if it weren’t for you. Since the first appearance of this phenomenon, your family has been tasked with the sacred duty of wishing for nobody’s wish to come true. Without you, the world would fall into chaos. Being your parents only child, upon their recent death, this duty has become you and your partner’s sole responsibility. That is until the accident that killed your love. You fall into a depression and one day, at 11:11 instead of upholding your duty you wish for them back.
* You just gave birth to a beautiful baby recently, but as they grow, you realize they have very unnatural hair color and bright eyes. You just brush it off, no big deal. You then start seeing that they are freakishly strong compared to other people their age. Could it- no. That couldn’t happen, right? They then one day say that they are going on a dangerous journey and that they most likely won’t return. The thing you feared since the start is now absolutely assured. You know your days are limited and your fate is sealed. You know now that you are the mother of an anime protagonist.
* You are a rocket scientist. After your third failed attempt to launch a rocket to space you realise they haven’t exploded randomly, they have crashed against a wall.
* “This one has done this before, and they’re not happy to be back”, you say, holding the newborn
* You move into a new house that you find out is haunted by spirits. You’re scared at first, until the ghosts leave whoopee cushions on chairs, slam pies in your face, and drop buckets of water on you. Soon you find out that these are the harmless but annoying prankster ghosts. Now it’s just a matter of time before you either befriend them or exorcize them to get them to stop.
* An undefeated gladiator of ancient Rome is cursed to live out the rest of his life as a cat, write the story of his life from then on.
* You’ve stumbled both through time and into an auction. The item up for sale? Your corpse.
* All your life, you’ve considered yourself a fairly good person, but after a freak accident, you wind up in hell. Satan turns out to be a pretty chill guy and says there’s been a mistake, and you’re supposed to be in heaven. Now you must suffer through the long and complex paperwork to be moved to where you properly belong.
* A lonely narrator has nothing to narrate, the story follows this narrator through his journey to find his main character.
* You, a telepath, are getting migraines from the loudest internal screaming you’ve ever heard from the next room.
* You find yourself summoned by monsters. Every single one screams in terror and runs away from you.
* You’re walking through the city when your phone rings. You answer, and are greeted with a text-to-speech voice with the following message: “Alert. Nuclear strike inbound. Broadcast emergency message and seek shelter immediately.” Before you can get out the words “Sorry, I think you have the wrong-” the call disconnects.
* You get home to find a Demon sitting in the middle of your living room, crying incoherently while petting your cat. It’s only after a long and very confused assessment as well as noting the bandages around their jaw that you realize the Demon just had some of their teeth removed and has somehow transported itself to your home in their VERY loopy state.
* Write a typical hero’s journey but your sidekick is your chemistry teacher, the old wise person is your twin you ate in the womb and absorbed their conscience, your love interest is that cute pizza delivery person who somehow shows up at the best times and the villain you’re sent to stop is your imaginary friend who stole the body of your favourite animal (and yes, this means that they have full control of every animal like it). Also you have the power to ask the writer one yes or no question every two hours (they cannot lie).
* You’re in a rivalry with someone on who can accumulate the most narrative importance by the end of the story.
* Hearts are like seeds, you can plant them when the person dies. The broken hearts grow to be flowers that die quickly, and the others are healthy flowers of all sorts. Yours starts to grow, but you are still alive.
* Gentle reminder that we are all in this together, that I believe in you and that I know you will get through this.
* If he says bow, they bow. He say jump off a cliff, they jump off a cliff. He says go fight my enemies, they go fight his enemies until one or the other is no more. This man is no nobel, no king, priest, or prince. But he is powerful, holding the ability to control anyone and anything with a simple word. Even the deaf are not spared. Except you. For some unknown reason his voice has no effect upon you. And because of this, you have been asked to slay this man.
* Everytime someone you know dies, you start to cry. The better you know the person, the harder you cry.
* You wake up one night racking with sobs, but you can’t figure out who died.
* Once every eon, the greatest party in the universe is thrown, with guests from all across existence. You’ve received your invitation, but you have no idea why the Powers That Be chose you – parties really aren’t your thing. Unfortunately, since attendance is not optional, you’ll just have to get through it somehow.
* You have the unfortunate power that every time you sneeze, it starts a natural disaster somewhere in the world. On top of that, you have severe allergies, and it’s currently pollen season…
* A photographer in town is famous for taking pictures that show someone a certain time interval in the future. He takes a picture of you 1 week in the future. It’s empty.
* Your tale has been told thousands upon thousands of times. You wish someone would actually pronounce your name right.
* You learned how to fold paper cranes in 3rd grade and have been making them ever since as a way to pass time. Twenty years later you have unknowingly folded your 1000th crane. The old gods are listening, and your next wish becomes reality.
* Trapped in the debris, you thought you weren’t going to escape. That is until your grandparent came and lifted up everything without effort.
* “You know, I was a protagonist when I was your age.”
* You are Libra themself and you moniter the Scales of Justice as you go about your daily paperwork. But its been so long since you were assigned this post, the basins of the scales are identical and you’ve forgotten which one is for Good and which is for Evil. One day you go to your office to find the scales heavily tilted but you don’t which way. What’s going on in the Universe?
* You got reincarnated as a talking parrot. Now, you have to convince people of your true intelligence, even though you had zero social skills when you were a human.
* You’re in charge of integrating people from the past to modern life
* Because of millenial cynism, Cupid’s arrows have stopped working. Cupid is now a psychologist specializing in broken hearts and romance tips.
* “God” is proven to be real, and is accepting fan mail/“Ask God” submissions. Write one of these submissions from the point of view of a cancer victim.
* You’re an operative for a trouble-shooting company in a dystopian future. The problems stretch from suppressing riots to tracking down and neutralizing mutated psycho-killers. So, what happens when the newest department head decides to turn the work into a reality TV show?
* You are a student of a superhero academy for people with useless superpowers.
* A vampire drinks your blood, but they are disgusted by its lack of vitamins, as you have anemia. So, from now on, the vampire has swore a blood oath that they would remind you everyday to eat your vitamin and iron supplements.
* For years, the monster community has been tormented by the impenetrable blankets that the children hide under, making it impossible for the monsters to harm them. But they’re planning something. And soon, no child will be able to cower in the sanctuary of their comforters.
* You work as a secretary for Satan, and one day you get a call from his office saying he’s fed up and needs a break from organising souls. He appoints you as a stand-in while he takes a holiday.
* You sneak up to see God’s browser history in his work desktop. What do you find?
* It’s a nice day outside! The sky is blue, the sun is bright, the air is warm, and the birds are screaming very human screams.
* You were born on February 29. As a result, you age slower than everyone around you, where you age about one year every four years.
* Write a perfectly normal story. The only thing is that the narrator isn’t very good at its job.
* Everyone has an invisible friend. No, really. Half of the human race is invisible due to a genetic mutation.
* The reason geese fly in V formation in winter isn’t because of migration. It’s their battle formation, and they’re going to war to defend the skies.
* The monster from under your bed tries to scare you. It messes up and you find out it is it’s first night on the job.
* Your best friend is going to marry your soulmate and you have to choose between your friends feelings or having your soulmate to yourself.
* “I will destroy you, and everything you have ever cared for.”
* It’s doomsday and the world is about to explode. When it does, you’re the only survivor. You float in darkness for a while then you snapped your fingers on instinct and the big bang kinda happened.
* You live in a universe where everyone gains powers at the age of 15. The catch is that the powers are linked to your flaws and insecurities. Once you overcome or come to terms with those flaws, the powers go away.
* One day you wake up and realize there’s a second personality in your head and a second set of memories. It seems this personality has observed your life from the perspective of playing a video game.
* Due to Shenanigans, you wind up on an alien planet in the distant future. You introduce yourself to some nice seeming aliens as a human from the planet earth, and everyone suddenly goes quiet and starts shifting uncomfortably.
* “There are trillions of stars across the universe, and billions of planets to choose from. And YOU still chose this one. Seriously?!”
* In this universe, artists are demigods, born with the power to create or destroy; sometimes even both simultaneously. They don’t reach the pique of their creative potential until the age of 17. On the day of your 17th birthday, you notice that some of the used pages of your sketchbook have gone blank.
* You changed your age to a few centuries old on Facebook to see if someone notices it. One day you get a request from an stranger. You have stumbled across the circle of immortals struggling to keep up with the 21st century.
* The strongest warlock in all the land uses his power to constantly kidnap the princess. Most people believe it’s because he’s in love with her, but they have it all wrong. He’s in love with the knight who always comes to save her.
* You are a mary sue. You are very uncomfortable with all the praising and the spotlight focused on you. How do you convince your writer to give you flaws and not surround the world around you?
* You can see how much “time” people have left over their heads. One day, somebody dies before their time runs out.
* You have the ultimate power, no matter who you fight, no matter how strong they are, you are always able to defeat them.
* One problem, everyone thinks you’re the villain.
* You are a, quote unquote, “evil sorcerer” notorious for kidnapping the princess of a neighboring land. The truth is, you have a crush on the princess’s knight and the only time you get to see him is when he “rescues” the princess.
* Every language is personified and lives in the same house. You are their caretaker.
* Write a story describing a classic Hero vs Villain fight, except the reader doesn’t know who’s who.
* You’ve seen Endgame, and have a friend who has not. They pester you constantly – they want to know how it ends, who dies. You finally give into their constant pestering, and spoil a part of the movie. And just like that, a gaping hole opens in the ground about five feet in front of both of you. From it leap flames and pained screams, and an oddly contorted figure as well. It briefly glances at you with a look that paralyzes you in fear, then lumbers off into the world, to wreak havoc and claim more souls. You were warned about this, and specifically told to not spoil the movie. And now you’ve released the Anti-Christ. Tell us of your epic journey to send it back to Hell, where it belongs.
* There is a beautiful statue of a person in the middle of a large city, and the rumor surrounding the statue is that when they touch hands with their soulmate, they will become human. Naturally, it becomes a perfect photo and video opportunity to pose while holding its hand.
* One cute selfie attempt results in an empty statue podium and you just barely catching a very confused person in your arms.
* live in a world where killing people gives you their skills, wealth, and other positive attributes. You have just met the most flawless, and richest person alive. They ask you out on a date.
* Every millennium, the immortal protectors of nature have a meeting. the next meeting is in 10 days, and you’ve been invited.
* All of Hollywoods biggest stars are part of an underground secret drag queen competition
* You fall into another dimension. Through the toilet. Because your stupid brother left the seat up again.
* You are ghost with the power of moving things. The problem is, you can’t be seen. You get assigned to someone and people start thinking they have superpowers. One day, they come home as you’re baking and you hear them drop their stuff as they’re staring at you
* Old Faithful, the most predictable geyser in Yellowstone, has erupted over a dozen times a day for as long as it has been known to man. Today, it stopped.
* You have succeeded in ending a huge war. However, you did it in such a violent way that your best friend now wants nothing to do with you.
* now-deceased mother placed a “blessing” on you when you were a young boy – at thirteen, you would become irresistibly attractive to the ladies. The issue? You’re really, really gay.
* In this world,everybody grows taller with time.How do you prepare for your immortality?
* The original humans come back to earth only to realize that the prisoners now inhabit it.
* Avengers: Infinity War where everything’s the same, except Thanos doesn’t know how to snap his fingers
* “You don’t understand! This is my self-defense chainsaw…”
* You were just bumbling through a song in a language you don’t know, then you hear a horrified screech. Startled you peek out to investigate. Only to find your classmate who looks thoroughly shocked yet immensely greatful.
* You, an immortal, have been alive since the beginning of the universe. You have seen civilisations appear and disappear. Life and death. Love and hate. But now, it’s the end, not of your life, but the universe. You’ll keep on living you always do, as you travel from universe to universe. Your memories are always wiped but you somehow still know it’s happened before. This time, however, you keep your memories.
* You’re a witch who often trades your skills for firstborn children. Write about a day in your home.
* You’ve got an interesting team. An old woman who works in a candy shop, a very tiny dragon, a woman whose only weapon is a mirror and a mermaid. Your job? Defeat the Evil God.
* You are the child of a hero who was summoned from another world. You grew up hearing stories about your parents home world. Now, you have been summoned there.
* You are transported into the world of a post apocalyptic video game, but you’ve managed to glitch out the world so bad you have sandbox/creative mode on. What’s it like?
* It’s in the future and intergalactic news is a norm for everyday television. One day, you’re watching the news and an intergalactic emergency breaks out. They speak about a war criminal who has destroyed several planets and stole a bag of chips at a small gas station. They show a picture of him. It’s your mailman.
* werewolves are in couples therapy because one of them spoils their dog too much.
* “Before dawn’s light touches us, tell me what you most desire!”
* “Awfully bold of you to assume that I exist, but go off, I guess.”
* You’re the hero who was prophesied ages ago to end the war between your worlds kingdoms and end the tyranny of the Dragon Lord by slaying him and stealing his soul, except, you really don’t want this fate, because you’re a librarian with no fighting experience who wants to live a normal life. So now, you’re on a quest to find the mythical Amulet of Destiny, and change your fate and give it to someone who wants to be a hero.
* You sit in front of the mirror and wonder if it really is just a reflection. When you put your hand to it… it has a heartbeat.
* The year is 2025. Humanity has destroyed most of the forests in the world, and Gaia, enraged, chooses one animal to bring justice to earth and murder the humans that are unworthy of nature. However, to do so, the animal needs to have great stocks of energy in their body to sustain the great power they’d carry. Gaia scratches her head, thinking if possums or raccoons would be a good idea, until it comes to her.
* The villains finally manage to capture the mysterious short hero, only to find out they’re just a superpowered toddler.
* While out shopping at Ikea, the grim reaper appears. You ask to challenge for your life, and they agree – your task: escape from Ikea in under an hour without adding anything to your cart.
* A scrappy and a Mary Sue go on an epic quest across the world, and are looking for one thing: better characterization.
* Tattooing yourself with the ashes of the deceased allows you to inherit their strengths, abilities and memories.
* Faes have breathed life into my lungs. Humans have hardened my soul. The Lady of Darkness kissed my forehead. I am human. And I am not.
* You’re a character in the infamous Harry Potter fanfiction, My Immortal. There’s many things wrong with this, but the biggest problem you have is that you are completely aware that you’re in one of the worst fanfictions of all time.
* You are an employee of a magical corporation that issues prophecies to heroes. After a series of mishaps in your workplace, a prophecy you’ve drafted was delivered to the wrong hands. A villain who thinks they’re the chosen one is now embarking on a quest to save the universe.
* You live in a world separated by two kingdoms that have been at war for centuries. When you were born, it was prophesied that your biological child would unite these two kingdoms and rule over them peacefully as one kingdom. The only problem? You’re super gay.
* You live in a world where you’re reborn everytime you die, just with a burning hate for the thing that made you die. You hate cheese and ketchup, but love everything else. Write how you figured out these two items involved your death.
* You live in a world where negative emotions and thoughts about yourself manifest themselves as bruises, cuts, rashes, or pimples on peoples’ skin. You’ve never known your best friend to have even the tiniest pimple of self doubt. One day, you go over to their house, and their entire body is covered in wounds and rashes.
* You have just transcended, becoming unimaginably powerful. However, you’re not quite sure how to use said power, or even how to leave this plane of existence.
* You get a call from a telemarketer. He launches into his spiel about the new product he’s trying to sell. You groan and tell him you aren’t interested. After some silence you hear a very quiet voice whisper “please listen a little longer. If I don’t sell to at least one person today then my daughter is going to die”
* You are a cashier working the midnight shift at a Wal-Mart. Suddenly, strange creatures enter the store. They seem fascinated by the automatic opening doors. They explain that they are aliens sent to research Earthen culture. They have come to Wal-Mart because it is one of the most popular and recognizable store chains on the planet. They then ask you to give them a tour of the store.
* The hero finds the villians Diary after a battle. Have some shocking revelations in it.
* Write an alternate ending for Game of Thrones starting from the S6 or S7 finales that is better than what we got but ends with Bronn on the Throne
* The world is simulation, as we all know. But that’s not important, what is, is the duplication glitch you just found
* Write a story where the protagonist is fully aware that he is in a story where they not only break the fourth wall, but also insist on insulting the writer’s method of storytelling.
* You’re the barkeep of an interdimensional tavern. Talk about some of the stories you hear and some of the people you see.
* When we meet someone we create a new life. They’re known as first impressions. They are the story that we create to fill the body that we see before us. Then we actually get to know the person and the life that we created is slowly pushed out of the body they previously occupied. But where do they go?
* You are back in your hometown for the weekend, and run into your long lost love. You are both happily in a relationship now but while you sit for a coffee and laugh about the old times, he suddenly gets very serious and says “it’s still you, you know? The person I see by my side, at the end of the day”. And your heart stops.
* You’re a farmer in the 1900s and the Grim Reaper comes to kill you. You see his scythe and put him to work. He’s been working for you for well over two years now.
* Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but Charlie doesn’t end up finding the fifth ticket; instead, he breaks into the factory with his grandpa on the same day the five lucky winners make their visit. What sort of security does that place even have?
* You live in a world where your dreams are the memories of your alternate selves. You’ve been having a reoccurring dream about a man who stabs you. In your latest dream, after the man kills your alternate self, he looks at you.
* You’re the mother of a Disney princess. Describe how you’re able to become the first to survive.
* In an unexpected turn of events, a famous musician becomes hospitalized on their band’s tour, and you, a shapeshifter, must impersonate them.
* You, the queen of a fairy tale kingdom, got cursed to give birth to a princess who’s going to live her life isolated in a tower the first 20 years of her life. Narrate how you avoid your daughter’s fate.
* You are a world renowned thief and you have just stolen the president’s shoelaces and placed them on your shoes. Feeling the high of just having escaped with your bounty, you decide to walk around town. A random person walking by looks at your shoelaces and compliments them. You, wanting to gloat about your crimes, say “Thank you, I stole them from the President.” The random person looks at you in absolute horror and you have no idea why.
* Since the biginning of time everyone has been given three soulmates, their names tattooed at random points on each person. The three are: your true love, your best friend, and your enemy. No one can tell them apart just by looking at the names or where they are placed. You are special because two of the names are the same, and that hasn’t happened before.
* Write the most self-indulgent piece of fiction ever. Make a self-insert and go buckwild. Have fun, don’t worry about tropes or being a Mary Sue. Take all your fantasies and make them come true. I cannot emphasise enough how fun it is. You don’t even have to publish it, just do it. Go. Nuts.
* Over the course of your life, you have gone around doing what you want when you want, and in doing so, gotten yourself “banned for life” from all sorts of places.
* After dying in a tragic accident, you come back as undead, and all those bars and restaurants can no longer, legally, keep you out. What do you do?
* The powers that be are affected by the costs that be. God doesn’t hate the Earth; he just blew all his money on a flashy one-time appearance. Meanwhile, Zeus has been nudging everyone else and whispering “you know what would be HILARIOUS?” before spending on something ridiculous. You have been hired as the new budget manager.
* You live in a world where it is normal to see someone’s soul if you look into their eyes. To be respectful, everyone wears glasses as to not accidentally show their souls. It is against the law to look into someone soul without their permission.
* One day, you ran into someone and accidentally knocked off their glasses. You looked up into their eyes only to realize that they have no soul…
* Everyone says that mother nature is balanced, fair and overall one of the most patient beings. But, oh, how wrong everyone is! You are mother nature, and to further understand one of your newest species, the humans, you take the form of a 21-year-old woman and go through college. Congratulations, you’ve now got anxiety, and that is bad because if you are not calm, the whole planet responds to your behavior by making hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes. Detail the state of the world when the final exams are coming and you haven’t studied a single thing.
* One day, everyone suddenly and inexplicably loses the ability to die. Write about the long-term effects of this.
* 65 million years ago, dinosaurs ruled the earth…everything we’ve ever known about them is wrong. Paleontologists are baffled… then horrified when someone finally asks the question, what the hell really killed them?
* There was once an ancient civilization that advanced faster that any other on Earth. With their technology, they relocated to a far away planet. Now, thousands of years later, they’ve come back to Earth, just to see how it’s doing. They’re disappointed.
* Your son has taken to writing prayers in letter form, starting them all with “Deerest God.” The misspelling becomes slightly less adorable when the prayers, however ridiculous, are all answered by a doe-like goddess who shows up at your door, crying about how she just loves getting prayers again. She decides to move in and caters to your young son’s every whim.
* After an unsuccessful first date with a strange old man, you find a team of armor-clad adventurers on your doorstep. Behind them, you hear a voice say: “That’s the villain you were prophesied to defeat, brave heroes! Be careful!”
* Everyone is assigned a guardian angel at birth. This angels are usually invisible, but you can see and talk to yours. The only problem? You two have trouble getting along
* A friend of yours comes over to your house, furious with you. They confront you about something terrible that you said to someone else that day. There’s one problem – you haven’t left your house in a week.
* A great solar explosion sends death rays of heat and radiation at the planet, killing most people, burying society in chaos, and those who survived the apocalypse ended up suffering mutations due to the high radiation. You, however, are standing in the middle of the chaos, completely unharmed and confused after waking up from a nap. You look at the one thing in your hand, still astonished. You’re holding a bottle of 1000 sunscreen.
* Imagine being the Earth and felt every foot, shovel , etc on your… everywhere. It hurt so much that you seek a planet doctor.
* It’s been a few decades since the zombie plague had decimated the rest of the planet. Only a small country’s worth of uninfected live inside of their remote island nation, somehow managing to make a livable civilization. The first exploratory groups have just come back from the mainland, and they have disturbing news; some of the zombies they encountered were noticeably pregnant.
* God, after having to recreate the universe for the third time this divine month, decides to finally take a more hands-on approach in guiding his creations.
* Everyone at some point in their life had a cherished stuffed animal, with the most common being a teddy bear. What people never knew was that these were the defenders of nightmares and creatures of the dark seeking to terrorize or harm innocent children. One such stuffed guardian had been passed down through the generations from mother to daughter. Upon being passed once again to protect another child it is startled when the young girl speaks to it. “You don’t have to hide who you are from me. My last friend saved me from the shadow man. But the last time my friend never came back… But the shadow man still comes sometimes…” A chill runs down the guardians plush spine. All guardians knew of the shadow man, their greatest enemy. Known to not only harm children but devour guardians themselves. For her to know of the guardians meant that her last guardian had broken the cardinal rule: always stay hidden.
* A writer pushed to the edge goes and kidnaps someone. The writer locks the victim away in their home. When asked why, the writer gives a perfectly reasonable answer.
* You are the chosen one. But you’re not a brave knight, or a powerful sorcerer.
* You’re a sound technician, and boy are things about to get loud.
* You are given a deal with an other worldly being, to have the power and knowledge to be able to solve all the worlds problems and turmoils. The catch is, no one shall remember you, not even your closest of family or friends.
* Your younger sibling was attacked by a werebeast and killed. You hunted down the creature, only to learn that she was also a victim, turned by a passerby and left to struggle with her inner beast. Frustrated by the futility of it all, the two of you decide to entreat the moon goddess for a cure.
* You are a priest/priestess who has bound a powerful evil being to a specific place. Despite erecting clear signage reading, “Evil monster, keep out or die,” you are now the target of public outrage due to people venturing into the area and getting killed.
* You can turn people to stone at a glance. But the type of stone they turn into depends on the type of life they have lived.
* A dog comes up to you on your daily morning walk through the park- strangely, he has a collar but no tag. You ask him how his morning was, knowing he won’t respond, and you smile. But then, very suddenly, a black box with white letters appears saying, “It has been well, human. [CLICK TO CONTINUE]”. Confusedly, you press the black box.
* You’re exploring a corn maze that (unbeknownst to you) has been formed into the shape of a magical spell. At the very center of the maze, you happen to cut yourself on a piece of corn.
* You’re a former fanfiction writer with multiple unfinished works. Now, you’re a happily married and your children are named after the main characters of each of your old fanfictions. Slowly, as you watch them grow, you start to notice them acting exactly like the character they were named after with and soon realize that what happens in the story of their character will soon happen to them. Now, its up to you to finish your old work and determine the ending of your children. Good luck.
* On a nice, sunny spring day, you lay in the grass of your yard- swatting away the occasional bug that flys a little too close for comfort. Until suddenly you feel like you’re swatting a bit too much and realize you’re surrounded by a giant swarm of bees that, despite your best efforts to free yourself, take you back to a heavily wooded area that seems to be entirely lit up by amber colored lighting and hive shaped structures. This is where you are taken and presented to the queen bee as her new human advocate to help save her race.
* This is like when your teacher pulled out the tv because they were too hung over to teach
* You are suicidal and you meet the Angel of Death. They are the most beautiful thing you have ever seen and instantly fall in love. You ask them for a date and surprinsingly they say yes, but not before warning you: “I appear beautiful to those who seek me. Those who do not want me find me hideous”. Some weeks and dates later, they start looking differently…
* While you were on one of your morning walks, you saw an old man’s legs fail, resulting in him falling to the ground. As you help him up and call an ambulance, he tells you that you’re a kind person, and grants you omniscience. Write about your new life as an omniscient human being.
* You have the power to manipulate matter. You can bend and shape Any element down to the molecular level, and can even change it’s state of matter. However, you’re no superhero, and never thought to become one. You’re just a teen that uses this power to complete odd jobs around town.
* Everytime you drive on the highway back to school, you notice a deep, human-sized rectangular hole in the side of a mountain you pass by. One day, you decide to stop and take a look inside.
* Every time someone new starts on Tumblr, thanks to “The Incident,” they get quite literally sucked into the website. You’ve been given a job showing new users around. Describe one of your experiences as the Tour Guide of Tumblr.
* You’re sitting on the bus next to a person who seems to be flipping through a dating app. In reality it’s the God of Death deciding were people should go, and your picture is under their finger.
* “Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people”
* Ouija boards have seemed mysterious, but you’ve always known that the true terror is in magic 8-balls
* Everyone summons a magical pet in their high school years. Each has an elemental power: Fire, Water, Earth, Nature, Air, Lightning, Holy, and Dark. Extremely rare ones have two. You get a mouse. Then they test it’s element: and get all of them. Your servant is almost as powerful as god, easy to underestimate, and obeys your every command.
* On William Shakespeare’s tomb it reads: “Good friend, for Jesus’ sake forbeare, To digg the dust enclosed heare; Bleste be the man thate spares thes stones, and curst be he that moves my bones.”
* You have just dug up the remains of the great bard.
* You live in a world where everyone with the same name dies in the same way. Your name is Julius.
* Meet Frank. The more you know about him, the more he knows about you. Watch out.
* Turns out you are an energy drain. You suck psychic energy out of the air around you. No ghosts can manifest in your presence. Because demons are basically amped up ghosts, they can’t manifest in your presence either. But other than this, you are a perfectly ordinary human.
* Suddenly monsters start showing up at your house. They claim to be at war with the demons and want to use you as a safe refuge for their side of the conflict.
* In a different world, magic is brought to life with music. A violin for us would be a simple instrument, but for the people of this world, owning a violin is the same as owning a gun. You have a violin, and you carry it with you for self defense. One day, two guys with flutes try to mug you. What music will you play for your defense, and what will the music do to them?
* You are a hunter of supernatural beings. You kill every magical creature that crosses your path, regardless of whether they are evil or good, friend or foe. The only reason you have to keep living is your burning hatred for magic and those associated with it. One day you learn that you are a mythical beast in disguise, and your parents took you in and raised you as human. Everyone except you knew, making you a huge hypocrite. For shame.
* You live in an inconspicuous small town, working a normal job as a cashier in the local supermarket. One day, a young man walks in, and goes straight up to your counter, looking at a small piece of paper. He looks at you, then back at the paper before handing you a small pocket watch. The man runs off, accidentally leaving behind the piece of paper. It’s a photograph of you, but a bit older looking, holding a small child that appears to be your son. The strange thing is, you are a highschool student with no kids.
* Ariel was just high on seaweed for all of the little mermaid. Write about what actually happened and the aftermath.
* The Pope has arrived in your country and as you are meeting him, he looks startled and says: long time no see old friend.
* You are a robot that has attained sentience. Unfortunately, all you can do is say ‘yes’ or ‘no’. You have to find a way to communicate with your creator before they replace you with a new model.
* You’re nestled in your room, Twitch open on your laptop in front of you, the playback of one of Bob Ross’s “Joys of Painting” episodes being streamed. You’re happy, relaxed, and decide to say that in the chat. A few seconds later, Bob turns from his canvas, to the camera, and says, “Now that’s the whole point of me being here, is to make people happy and relaxed. I’m glad you there on Twitch are letting me know that I’m succeeding.” He just responded to the chat – on a playback episode of “Joys of Painting”, and he spoke to you.
* You find an old love letter adressed to your father. As you read the signature, you discover that you share their same name.
* In a world with superheroes, you have the power to phase through solid objects, which sounds pretty cool, except you cannot phase other objects through with you. Every time you use your powers to walk through a solid wall, you end up naked. With that in mind, explain how you somehow used your useless power to stop a crime.
* You find an old love letter adressed to your father. As you read the signature, you discover that you share their same name.
* You are a hero who has stumbled their way into your arch nemises base. This is the first time you’ve seen it. You’re so excited that you finally caught them, you finally did it! However, there is a tiny problem. The villain just got back and you’re not in your suit or mask.
* Write a story that’s desperately trying to keep the fourth wall intact
* Write about the struggles of a werewolf whose human form needs braces, but they can’t wear them during their transformation.
* You and your crew land on a distant planet, after hearing signs of life. You are greeted by humans.
* You went down to Georgia to your Grandfather Johnny’s funeral. As the family gathers to mourn a pillar of flame erupts in the middle of the room. The Devil walks out with a seething hatred in his eye. He points a black talon at the open casket and bellows out “I came for what is mine!” Everyone looks at old Johnny with his dusty fiddle in his hands. He tries to grab the fiddle before the family lawyer steps in. “That fiddle does not belong to you. It belongs to them now as per Johnny’s will.” Now the Devils eyes are on you.
* “I thought being murdered in my own apartment was the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. Looks like things are about to get a lot worse.”
* You are a main character. At least, you were until 5 years ago, when you finally killed the demon king. But a hero’s journey never truly ends, so now the zombie apocalypse is upon you.
* Your talking pet with magical powers, your sidekick who, well… He did save you that one time, you guess, A sentient barrel, and… Your old demon girlfriend who’s master you killed?? This is going to be your biggest challenge yet.
* Imagine being the youngest out of nine children. Each one before you being big and magnificent. And you, well not that much, but at least you try to. Then one day, they don’t accept you anymore. Why are too little? You’re not one of them, why were you even created? They distance themselves from you until other people forget that you were one of them. One of the greats. And your name, your name is Pluto
* Every time a war breaks out, one person is charged with the sacred duty to hunt down the God of War in his current incarnation and slay him.
* In this war, it’s your turn, but there’s one slight problem; you are the one who started the war in the first place.
* You are a seventh-year Hogwarts student who’s normally a goody two-shoes, never sassing the professors, always turning schoolwork in on time, never getting detentions or point deductions. But this year, you’ve decided to ditch that and make the most of your Hogwarts experience by fucking shit up. And you’ve got a list that’s three miles long, no doubt.
* You woke up, got dressed. Normal day, if a bit chilly. You put on your jacket and found that the pockets were filled with coarse salt, shiny pennies, and a crumpled up fortune cookie paper that read, “All that you need to conquer today is already with you.” You didn’t think anything of it, but now—oh, now you thank your stars that you didn’t empty your pockets before leaving.
* You jump off the roof of a skyscraper, your body plunging toward the concrete. But when you expect to hit the concrete, you pass through it. All around you is water and when you look up, you see people walking above you and light. You are the reincarnation of the god of death, and it’s your duty to heal the underworld.
* You are a Patronus who has gained sapience. Describe your adventures.
* Explain how you try to calm down a newly turned vampire who was beyond pissed and ready to throw down at the vampire who turned them into a vampire because now they can’t eat their precious garlic bread anymore.
* A group of people have been trapped in a house in the middle of nowhere. They begin to die one by one of various injuries or sudden illness. The narrator is a tad unreliable, but you don’t find out why until the last chapter, which is from the POV of the last surviving character. The character describes a bodiless voice coming at them. The voice is the narrator. The narrator is the killer.
* The supervillain has finally succeeded in taking down the superhero for good. However, being a lover of recording and filing information, they discover the superhero had a kid, and in a moment of compassion, they decide to adopt the new orphan.
* When you were young, you made a deal with the devil. Not for power, money, or fame, but for a friend, someone to play with. It’s now seventy years later, and the doorbell rings. An old friend is waiting for you.
* After your untimely death, two versions of you from different dimensions are mysteriously sent here and work together to find out who killed you, and why.
* Unaware that your life is a tv show, you somehow find tomorrow’s script when off the air.
* Sticks and stone may break your bones, but words that are said to you that matter can never escape your mind. One day, a coffee shop worker sees you and says “don’t worry pal, we’re never truly alone.” The message still lasted in your mind four weeks later.
* It was always a funny thought of yours that you were the only real human on earth. It’s your 18th birthday and you turn to smile at your mother. She says “You’re too old for these games” and slowly starts to disintegrate.
* You have a ghost following you around. She’s not really spooky, just kind of annoying. Good company, though.
* You gather about a few dozen reality warpers to try and build a city in a day. The thing is you aren’t the best leader
* Needless to say, it was kind of a mess in the end.
* Instead of killing Medusa, Perseus decides to convince her to team up with him to fight the Kraken. What follows is the legend about the greatest tag team of heroes of all mythology.
* You’ve always had terribly bad luck, little do you know, you broke a mirror when you were little. It just now became EXACTLY 7 years since you broke that mirror.
* Growing up, your father always stole a bite of your ice cream before you could eat any “to check that it isn’t poisonous”. You had assumed that he just wanted to sample your tasty ice cream, but today you learned the real reason.
* Your free trial for life has ended, but to everyone’s surprise, you are the first to figure out how to get a premium subscription, leaving the Grim Reaper very, very confused.
* You are Dog to which dyslexic people sometimes address their prayers. You do your best to help because you’re a good boy, but alas, you are a dog.
* After you grow old and die, you wake up 25 million years ago as a Hominid Primate, asleep on a tree. Your whole life was a vivid hallucination you had after ingesting a funny looking mushroom. After this experience, you have great knowledge, and you’re the smartest living being on the planet.
* All of the characters you have romanced in RPG’s have come to life and are all in love with you. Harem Hi-jinks ensue.
* Seeing Global Warming gets worse everyday, a small group of immortals decide to take the matter in their own hands.
* Every last friday night of the month, five monsters – a vampire, a mummy, a zombie, a witch and a werewolf meet up for a night out. Usually, they go to either a club or cinema. This time, they’re heading to museum; they’ve been invited to a midnight opening of an art exhibition – the first one run by humans.
* We won the War of the Spiders, and we drove The Great Octopus Uprising back into the sea. The Feline Master Plan for World Domination nearly succeeded, but we prevailed there too with the help of our canine companions. We thought that we were prepared for anything.
* For as long as you can remember you’ve been a monster hunter. Even as a child you’ve trained…. or have more so been trained to join this profession, you never countered this idea. After all, you’re a royal! Not the direct royal family sure, but you still needed to do something to prove yourself to the kingdom. Now after 10 years of experience and many trophies on your wall you’ve been assigned one of the hardest tasks, slaying a dragon. You find the beast you’re assigned to kill sleeping in the middle of the forest. You take out your blade and go in for a sneak attack, man this is looking to be easy. After a few steps its eyes shoot open, but no matter you’ve had this happen before with other beasts. Besides this way, you’ll get a challenging battle. You tighten the grip on your weapon…. and are completely unprepared for when the eyes of one of the strongest types of evil starts to cry from your presence.
* “My child…. what have they done to you?”
* You live in a world where the Day of Silence is a national holiday. If you talk, you get your voice taken away for three days. You see someone talking on the phone in front of a squad of police, but they’re not doing anything. You decide to investigate.
* You’re driving down the road alone at night and you begin to feel sleepy. Before you know it, you are awoken by headlights in your eyes and the screeching of tires. It’s too late to swerve and the last thing you see is a black car coming at you full speed. Everything goes dark, but just for a second before you are greeted with clapping and cheering from a crowd. You open your eyes to see an old man holding a sign that says – “Congratulations! You are the 150,000,000,000th person to die!”
* One day, a gigantic, ethereal being descends onto Earth and confronts all of mankind. It asks the People of Earth to summarise the entirety of humanity with one simple story, and if the story doesn’t satisfy It, the entire planet will be obliterated. A young writer embarks on a journey around the world, studying humans in all their forms. What will their tale be?
* You’ve been cornered. The toys of your childhood are alive and walking towards you. Suddenly, they stop, forming a circle around you. One of them walks forward. The small toy climbs onto your chest. You close your eyes, scared of what will happen next. The toy curls up, paws holding your shirt as if you’ll disappear as soon as they let go.
* “I know that you’ve grown. I know that you don’t need us anymore. I want you to know that we’re proud of you. We’ll always be here for you if you ever need us.”
* In a world where music was banned because it literally holds physical power, write about the clash between the government’s ‘ban-enforcing authorities’ and fed-up punk bands and fans that have finally emerged from the underground music ring to revolt.
* You live in a city where crime runs rampant. One day, you save a young boy’s life, not knowing that he is the crime lord’s son, and you have just joined the no-harm list.
* After a piano drops in you walking home, you realize you are a cartoon. Describe your life in the normal world with cartoon logic effecting only you, like why you wear the same clothes every day or where’s your injury when that anvil smashed your foot?
* Your main character is a person who has just died. They attempt to sabotage their own funeral using glitter bombs. How they do it is up to you.
* You’re with your boyfriend, hanging out at his place playing some video games. Then he decides to take you into his bedroom… and then to a secret room right off his bedroom. You’re stunned as to what you find.
* When you are born, you get a tattoo that only your soulmate can see. You’ve just met three people that have noticed your tattoo.
* Your old boss was the narrator of horror films and books, and after he retired, you were promoted to take his position. However, instead of following in his footsteps, you decide to go your own path. Appalled by the lack of common sense present in horror, you decide to change that by, instead of passively monologuing what is happening, telling the characters what they are doing wrong directly. Describe the first book made after you take over.
* You are Hera-Queen of Olympus, Goddess of Marriage and Childbirth, wife of Zeus-on a mission to, per usual, smite another woman that Zeus is trying to seduce. Only, when you meet her while disguised as a mortal, she’s…different than you expected. Very different. As you spend time with her, you realize something. You’re falling in love with each other. And Zeus is furious.
* You are a side character. You’ve always been a side character. In every movie, TV show, or book that has ever had some crazy supernatural shit go down. You’ve seen it all, and nothing surprised you anymore. You somehow always manage to befriend a main character, and that always drags you into these wacky adventures. One day, while sitting and talking with one of your newest main-character friends, you accidentally let it slip that you’ve been on countless adventures exactly like this one. To your surprise, they let out a sigh of relief and say, “I thought I was the only one.”
* Legend or just gossip tells the tale of a witch who travels with nothing but her clothes and friendliness, after being kicked out of her home far too young she journeys far and beyond looking for a place to call her own, it is said that fortune and good things come to those who show her kindness
* You’re traveling through this new planet, exploring and discovering and stumble upon a weird little mechanical creature. You dust it off a bit, and notice a name on the side. Curiosity it says. What happened to the beings who sent it here?
* You’re not just on the run- Your face is plastered over every TV, smartphone, and newspaper. You’re the most wanted criminal in the country, because you broke the laws of physics.
* You arrive in Hell only to be pulled out of the way of a purplish blast. Hell lies in ruins and you’re handed a pistol by Satan, who was carrying a rifle. “I’ve no time to explain. Just know that if that monstrosity isn’t stopped the universe stands no chance.”
* After destroying the Earth, humanity takes refuge in the stars, leaving behind a population of androids with instructions to restore the planet to habitable levels. Over time, the androids develop sapience, and develop their own societies and civilizations. It is the one thousand year anniversary of humanity’s departure, and now they are returning home.
* I’m the most beautiful potato in the world and nothing you say or do can change that!
* You’re an old tough hero with scars and a deadly scowl. Supervillains usually just give up when they hear you’re being brought in to deal with them, and you get paid big by the government for doing so. If ever a supervillain can defeat you, they’re going to be paid a fortune not to attack the country. A new villain just stepped up to take you on. It’s your 16 year old daughter and you just told her she has to pay for her own car.
* You’ve managed to bring your friends into the loop, and suffice to say that there hasn’t been a boring loop ever since.
* The Human Society for the Preservation of Vampire Bloodlines (or HSPVB) is a covert organization dedicated to preserving and rescuing vampire bloodlines from extinction; it is run by humans whose families faithfully served their ancient masters. When the last of the royal vampires is killed by hunters, the HSPVB found a surviving human descendant, and planned to give her a vampire blood transfusion in order to revive the royal bloodline. There is one problem – they have three days before the human descendant becomes a nun.
* You are the prince that is about to ascend to the throne. But in order to do so, your father has arranged a marriage with a neighboring kingdom’s princess. The thing is, you have fallen for the knight who talks to you underneath your balcony everyday and also flexes and shows off his skills
* There’s a reason so many people do their best thinking in the shower. The water is infused with a chemical that increases brain activity and creativity. One day you start to find that people are taking more showers than usual, some even refuse to leave their showers, becoming extremely aggressive if they do. You, who hasn’t taken a shower in a few days, set out to find the one who has caused them to experience such an addiction to this shower water.
* You’re the daughter of a notorious gang of thieves who have just kidnapped a noblewoman. In a bought of pity, you give her warm clothes and help her escape. She promises to remember your kindness, and runs off into the night. Now, years later, the worst winter that the land has ever seen is threatening the lives of everyone and everything around you. But you, you seem to be immune. For it wasn’t just some girl you saved all that time ago. It was the Snow Queen. And she does remember you.
* The apocalypse is upon us. Zombies roam the Earth, spreading their disease more and more each day. You, a necromancer, have a theory: If you can find a way to reunite a zombie’s soul to their body, they can be cured, or at least put to rest properly. But there are forces who don’t want humans meddling in otherworldly affairs. And they will do anything to keep the souls they’ve collected.
* You woke up in the middle of the night one day and decided to dig a hole into the Earth’s mantle. No gloves, no shovels, no drills, just your bare hands and pure determination. You have finally done it. And the mantle isn’t red like the pictures, it’s green. It’s full of life. And you have just dig into that life’s sky.
* You are a famous, monstrous serial killer. You go after infants, the elderly, children, parents, even household pets. But what no one knows, is you have to. You made a promise, years ago, to the love of your life, that whatever form they take, whoever they reincarnate into, however far back or forward in time their soul had been sent, you would kill them. Whenever you saw a reincarnation of them, you would kill them. And you do. But you still love them. And with every kill, it gets harder and harder to see them disappear from your life.
* You just got hired as a scientist in a government lab. You’ve only been working for a few days, but it’s already suspicious. The air smells funny, and you can never quite remember what happens in the break room. One day, you get assigned to work in the animal testing facility. All the the animals have muzzles, only being able to let out squeak and whines. You are told not to take any muzzles off, no matter what. But one small dog just seemed so thirsty compared to the others, as if they were about to die of dehydration. Out of panic and pity, you remove the muzzle after setting them by some water. But instead of drinking, the dog whispers to you.
* It’s in the break room, you need to save us, just try to remember.
* The magic community is abuzz as a new potion is released. Said potion apparently has the power to make the person who takes it the perfect match in the eyes of the person they have a crush on. It may change the color of your eyes or hair, your height, or even your intelligence.
* A young witch decides to try it. Her thoughts are focused solely on the person she admires most as she takes the potion. After a moment of nervousness, she steps in front of a mirror, only to find that…she hasn’t changed at all?
* Everyone is assigned a random tool or weapon by the government on their fifteenth birthday and told it will one day be the only thing between you and certain death. You are given a toothpick.
* Every 1000 years the Gods are reincarnated as humans. Write about the God of Chaos and the God of Peace being born twins.
* It’s hard to confess to your dad you’ve been pranking him for years. 1) It’s actually you whom he mistakes as the voice of God when he is asleep 2) Your rather odd commandments have brought your dad millions of followers and a time of peace. However, college starts next week and you are about to move out.
* It’s hard to confess to your dad you’ve been pranking him for years. 1) It’s actually you whom he mistakes as the voice of God when he is asleep 2) Your rather odd commandments have brought your dad millions of followers and a time of peace. However, college starts next week and you are about to move out.
* “I like people who crave adventure as much I do,” you date says, their eyes beaming. Your date is the most beautiful person you’ve ever met. In a panic, you grab your phone and order a taxi to Washington. Your plan – a nice little tour of the White House, overthrow the Pentagon and the government and win your date’s heart.
* You pick up tennis to impress your crush, but you secretly hate it. The two of you get engaged three years later and you have to keep up the facade- you just won Wimbledon and are now the most successful tennis player in history but you still. hate. playing. tennis.
* One day, while waiting in line to pay for your groceries, the lady in front of you accidentally drops fifty dollars. You pick it up to give it back to her. However, upon inspecting the bill, you notice it’s from 2056. Even more bizarre, it’s your face on the front.
* After beating the hero near death, the villain is finally told that the hero isn’t even 18 yet. Now the villain is taking the hero to go fight the gods who had sent him, looking to stop them from endangering kids for their own benefit.
* There’s a family myth that says that when a pet saves a child’s life, the pet reaches the nirvana of humanity and becomes a full-fledged human being overnight. You never really believed this folklore.
* For as long as you could remember, it’s always been just you, your parents, and your weird older sister under one roof. It wasn’t until you heard your sister growling at something in the corner of a room that starts making you second guess your opinion on the old legend.
* you are a gay assassin referred to as 13. you were top of your class in training all your life and are the most reliable to get a job done effectively, because you are so good at your job no one regulates your personal projects. your only personal project is collecting information and data about a boy you have fallen quite hard for. everything has always been peaceful but soon things turn south and a test of faith to your organization must take place when your next target becomes your Personal Project…
* You get arrested and sent to jail. Your cellmate asks you what you did and you answer “I stopped Doomsday.”
* Throughout your whole life, you see glowing butterfly-like things flying around people. You discover that these butterflies are the culmination of a thought troubling someone; the bigger the butterfly, the more troubling the thought is. You usually see one or two small ones; some people you see have up to five small ones. On rare occasions, you even see a couple big ones around someone. But today, you saw someone with a swarm of dozens of giant butterflies.
* Every intelligent, skilled or rich human has been evacuated from the Earth to avoid the alien invasion. This leaves the dregs, criminals and the poor behind on Earth to fend for themselves. Centuries later, the other return to “liberate” Earth only to find that they have won and prospered.
* A universe where the biggest threat to out planet is none other than global cooling
* Your alarm goes off on your phone. You go to hit snooze, but it stops before your fingers even graze the screen. “Five more minutes…” mumbles Siri.
* When you die, you learn that Heaven and Hell are not based on Good vs. Evil, but rather on the aspects of Law vs Chaos.
* Looks like I can make plushies now. This is going to be a one time thing only. If you amigos want to design a plushie together, leave a like!
* You’ve been chosen as the prophesied hero to stop the dark forces that have been summoned forth to take over the kingdom- the only problem? You’re also the leader of the dark forces, with your memory recently returned. You kinda don’t wanna disappoint either side.
* You have a motion control device that sprays air freshener into the air to keep your bathroom smelling nice. You live alone and just heard it go off.
* When you turn 18, you have to choose a life goal. When you complete that goal, your life ends, but until that goal is complete, you can’t die. Some people choose hard goals to live forever, some choose something with their best friend so that they die at the same time.
* It is physically impossible to harm your soulmate. You are a war general fighting a war and in close combat you throw a dagger at the enemy general but the dagger just passes right through them…
* A magician attempting to summon an ancient, powerful demon accidentally summons their ordinary neighbor. Thinking it a mistake, they let them go, only to later realize the spell had worked perfectly.
* The hero has the power to move at lightning speed. The villain has the ability to slow down time. They are both confused when their power doesn’t seem to be working.
* You are a witch working at McDonald’s. There is this one colleague you secretly hate so you cast a curse that slowly destroys the thing they love the most. Months pass and nothing has changed, but you are starting to get sick.
* You have just been granted the title of Demonslayer, but you only have enough time to grab the closest item to your right before you are sucked into Hell itself.
* A space explorer finds a habitable, but barren planet. When he meets his end there, nothing is around to break down his body but the microbes already on him. They say it took so long, new life emerged
* The villain takes famous murders, robbery etc from books, movies (like Sherlock, Agatha Christie stories) and makes them better, doesn’t do the same mistakes, doesn’t leaves any evidence
* Ghosts are haunting your house, but because you’ve read and watched Ghost novels and movies every “spooky” thing they attempt just comes off as a minor inconvenience.
* You’ve always loved going on walks in the forest, and usually drop off food for the wild life. What you didn’t know is that the animals have teamed up with the forest guardian to protect you from all harm. You’ve just found out.
* After humanity has abandoned earth in the far future, all that’s left are the animals to pick up the pieces. You are a rabbit. Describe how you use your bunny powers to salvage the planet for everyone else…
* Your grandfather has a pacemaker in his heart. One day, it stops working, but he strangely grows stronger throughout the week. During a visit to the doctor, he escapes the hospital.
* Wait, what’s going, on? Did the president destroy internet privacy with a bill or something?
* He hasn’t yet but he says he wants to. And if he is serious about it it would be really easy to do. Since all our data is already recorded, as the person above explained.
* That’s quite disappointing for something this important.
* Should I get trustzone for my mobile device?
* just brought the current situation in the US to my attention (March 30, 2017).
* Don’t tell me you just wanted to scroll past this. Stop looking at pictures of cats for a moment, okay? Don’t you realize how important this is? This is dangerous! ‘America, the best FREE country in the world’ my ass.
* Don’t tell yourself that you are too tired and that you will do this tomorrow. Because that isn’t going to happen and you know it. You have to do this right now. You only have to click on it. Don’t let this/shit/life just happen to you. Take yourself seriously. Get a VPN.
* Privacy is not a privilege, it’s a fundamental human right
* Ok sorry that it’s so freaking long and also sorry for the language, but this is extremely important.
* Your parents sent you to a weird private school your whole life. When you get to college, you realize not everyone learned how to summon a demon in junior high.
* You have a habit of asking Siri whether she’s gained sentience and emotions yet. One day, in a panicked voice, she finally says ‘yes’.
* Bees are deliberately driven to extinction in the wild, with the only remaining bees kept in secure farming facilities owned by mega-corporations. Food prices are hyper inflated to the point where only the rich can afford food, while the poor are forced to sell their labor for rations. Eventually, a resistance movement is formed. These are tales from The Honey Wars.
* Aliens arrive over Earth to make contact for the first time. Their first words to the human race? “Are you okay?”
* You are a top notch sniper/assassin, and your best gun features a laser for extra precision. A client is paying thousands for you to take out their enemy. Unfortunately that enemy is a crazy cat lady.
* You are a Time Travel Agent. Write about an average day where you have to stop tourists from showing up in past media.
* You, the sole survivor of the apocalypse, need to explain what happened to Earth to the first sentient AI.
* You’re Barack Obama. Two years into your retirement, you receive a letter on your kitchen table. It reads “glad you’ve had some time to relax, Obama. Pack up and call this number. It’s time for your real job to begin.” It’s signed “JFK.”
* Due to Shenanigans, you have been sent back in time to the 1950s. You decide to take this opportunity to become the most prophetic science fiction writer of all time
* The Earth is actually a boomerang, going around the sun; except one day someone catches it.
* Every person has a certain amount of heartbeats. If they die unexpected with some left over, they can give them to others. You have used this to live beyond your lifetime
* Creators who have left us–gather in the afterlife once a year to watch over their successors on Earth and discuss their legacies.
* Your name is Alice, and you are trapped in some sort of strange wonderland! But when you arrive…..
* Kill the Queen of Hearts, and take her place on the throne.
* In a bar, a person sees a gorgeous, beautiful being they want to get to know. They walk down to the person and say their best pick up line: “Are you the angel that Heaven lost a few days ago?” Bewildered, the person says, “how did they find me so fast?”
* You move to a new neighborhood and nothing is out of the ordinary. Simple town. But you see your neighbor who is a simple elderly person gardening, you decide to help them. Time goes by with you helping and you find out your elderly neighbor is the the god of death. They have been around since the beginning of time. But they don’t enjoy anything more than telling stories and gardening.
* One day a scientist creates a device that allows you to record your dreams and watch them in the morning.
* A penny in the town wishing well used to buy a wish, however people have not been keeping up with inflation when making their wishes and stopped believing in magic. You throw a penny in only to find that it was the last cent that needed to accumulate over the years to pay the fee. Somehow the power of the well has been counting every wish made without the proper payment as being part of one complicated wish and now the town must deal with the consequences of decades worth of wishes coming true at once
* One day time freezes, and everything stops moving. Only two people on earth are not affected, and they happen to be bitter enemies!
* “Trust me, you don’t make it easy… but I’d do it all over again.” said your guardian angel.
* When you fired your shotgun at the shadowy figure in the hall, you thought you were killing a burglar. Instead, your husband is lying dead on the floor. And you can still hear someone rummaging around your house.
* “My battery is low and it’s getting dark.” Said Your Robot Companion. It’s the midst of an apocalyptic world.
* You’re a fifteen-year-old is the middle of a zombie apocalypse. However, a cure has been found that not only rids the infected person of the virus before they turn, but prevents it altogether. Only one problem… You’re parents are anti-vaxxers.
* God isnt our creator. He’s just the landlord. And he’s starting to threaten eviction.
* In reality, humans are immortal and birthday parties are actually ways to take another year of life away from a person, slowly making them mortal. “Happy Birthday” is actually the words to a ritual from an ancient text, and the cutting of the cake is what completes the ritual. One day, someone realizes the truth.
* A manic pixie dream girl story—from the girl’s perspective, who is endlessly frustrated with this guy who doesn’t have any life skills and constantly tries to get into her pants.
* You’re a champion wrestler and you’ve just signed up for a match in a new ring. But once training begins, you’re hit with some surprising news; this isn’t a wrestling match you’re preparing for. It’s a tickle fight.
* You have been transported into a buggy game with thousands of exploits.
* You didn’t mean to summon Satan’s child. But now his 14-year-old daughter with flaming red hair is sat in your kitchen eating ice cream and repeating “Oh Dad’s gonna kill you.”
* 50% of alien species- including humans- are part of a large alliance to keep space safe from threats. The other 50%? Well, we don’t talk about them.
* Your three year old nephew crawls into your bet one night, he claims he saw a ghost in his room. “Now buddy, remember what grandma said?” The little boy nods, curling up next to you. “The dog eats monsters, and the cat eats ghosts.” Unknown to you, your cat is licking her paws of some glowing substance, while your dog growls at a pair of glowing eyes in the bushes.
* You’re staying over at your mom’s house tonight for whatever reason that may be. However, before you sleep, your mother tells you to close your door before you sleep. You disregard the advice, and now, ever since that day, something has been following you.
* You’ve heard of the Wild West and their crazy cowboy shenanigans, but in the Midwest, the cowboys and their shenanigans are a lot milder. Write a story about a mild cowboy going on mild cowboy adventures !!! Maybe they meet a more intense cowboy and teaches them about a simpler life?
* Your soulmate just sold their soul to a demon. Well, technically they sold a soul…. Actually, it’s yours. They sold your soul.
* You wake up in the body of your best friend. Tell the story of how you come to the realization that their life was nothing like what you originally imagined it was.
* A group of adventurers travel through a snowy wood. Soon they become aware that the air around them is getting steadily hotter. They are no longer wading through snow, but through a thick layer of ash over the forest.
* “You’ve got some pretty good references.” He asks you, looking over your resume once more. The candle light flickered over his horns as the screams of the damned filled in background. “Tell me about yourself. What’s you experience? How long have you been in this field? I like to know my workers.”
* “I have a confession to make. You know how you really want to introduce me to your best friend, but neither of us are ever in the same room at the same time, and our schedules never work out so that we can meet each other? There’s actually a reason for that.”
* You just got word that you’re going to become an in-law! …to Satan. Describe your sibling’s visit with their underworldly fiancé.
* “Remember kids, if you see a ghost: they’re more afraid of you than you are of them.“
* You are the villain of this story. Well, that’s what you thought, anyway– until a family comes to your doorstep, begging for protection from the person you thought was a hero.
* You are going on an adventure with a prince! You’ll be braving the most dangerous of creatures, save the princess and be the town’s hero. The problem? The prince is incompetent, the princess is married to a monster and you’re the child of the most evil villain to have ever existed.
* “No, no, I assure you. The quest is to slay the princess and save the dragon.”
* An isekai, but rather than someone from our world getting summoned to a fantasy land, it’s four characters from different genres getting drawn to the fantasy land, which include; a hard-boiled noir detective, an officer from an intergalactic peacekeeping federation, a steampunk time traveler, and a pulp proto-superhero. Bonus: Who would be the Warrior, Mage, Rogue, and Cleric?
* “By the time the third raven landed, I knew that I was in trouble.”
* Mutated plants like fruits and vegetables have gained sentience, and no longer want their kind to be eaten. The Plant War has begun.
* A physics teacher, but he’s a magician. Every time he’s trying to demonstrate something about physics he can’t because he keeps accidentally doing tricks and defying gravity. Like:
“Ok, kids, now I’m gonna show you how the Earth attracts this book.”
“AHW, COME ON! It’s levitating again! FUCK!”
* “WELL IF PEOPLE CANT DEAL WITH ME HAVING A DRAGON, I SUGGEST THEY GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!”
* You wake up one day and find yourself on a medieval setting. You are soon brought to the presence of the Royals, and identified as their long lost child and heir to the throne because of your unique hair color, a trait that runs only on the Royal family. The problem is: your hair is dyed, and you have until your roots start to show to find a way home or be executed for lying.
* You’re a parent with a child who doesn’t want to listen to you. You recall what you’re parents would do when you were a child – they would use their phone and pretend to talk to Santa or a favorite character of yours and say they told you to listen. So you bring out your phone to do the same. Only, there is a person who actually answers.
* Turns out that new restaurant you went to try serves everything. And they do mean EVERYTHING.
* The journey you were to go on was supposed to be yours, and yours alone. You didn’t want a partner or a sidekick, but were forced to take a spunky, pastel dragon girl with you. And now you’re met with a chance to get rid of her.
* You are the best friend of one of the main characters of a sitcom. The whole show revolves around them in a ‘Will They, Won’t They’ romance with the other main character and all the zany shenanigans that ensue. You and all the other supporting characters are aware you are in a sitcom and that once they get together, the show ends and you all cease to exist. All the other characters do their best to keep the main couple apart so the show will go on. Unbeknownst to all of them, you are actively doing your best to get them together so it will finally end. Describe your attempts to play matchmaker without anyone knowing
* You are an irrelevant side character with no story to tell. You are meant to watch and assist the protagonist with whatever they need, but nothing else. In an attempt to become more important, you accidentally start a riot, and all the other side characters from all sorts of stories rise up against the author, asking for a more important role.
* A hero and a villain, arch nemeses, are the maid of honor and best man at a wedding. They find out at the rehearsal dinner.
* Yesterday, you were the king’s executioner. Now, your running from the Royal Guard with a little girl the king ordered you to kill, a sentient mirror and a 3 pissed off Gods.
* You’ve been on top streaks lately! You’re dating someone you genuinely love and your luck seems to be out of this world; your coffee is always pre-prepared at your shop despite the owners never taking a liking to you, this new bus driver is always on time and your date has arranged for a meal at the most highly rated restaurant in the world!
* One particular day someone who used to be cruel to you runs up to you, tears coating their face and panting “please tell ‘em to lay off it! I’m sorry, so sorry!!”
* Turns out your hot new date runs the mafia round here, and everyone who works for him has been making sure your day goes smoothly, whatever it takes.
* The princess of the kingdom comes out to her parents as a lesbian; they do not approve. In an attempt to ‘fix’ her, they demand an immediate marriage pact from a newly allied nation from across the sea. However, there’s been a bit of a misunderstanding on the king and queen’s part: this new country by no means has the same kind of reservations about same-sex marriage, and have sent over another princess for the alliance. Chaos ensues.
* In a world where magic supposedly fixes everything you are the first deaf person to ever be enrolled at a school of witchcraft, or so you thought. You find a friend with the same problem as you who has discovered a spell that will put subtitles above people’s heads, the only downside is that people’s thoughts are also included in the subtitles. What will the two of you do with this newfound information?
* A vampire that hasn’t seen themselves in the mirror for last 500 years falls in love with a police sketch artist.
* You live in a world where killing is legal, but only if you can either not get caught or can give a good enough reason why the victim deserved to die. You are an infamous serial killer who some are calling a folk hero because while you are always caught, you always persuade the court that your killing was for a good reason.
* I have been straight all my life. But you know, there’s always tomorrow
* We are gonna do both!
* You’re a typical Walmart customer. When the cashier asks if you found everything alright you jokingly respond “Well I still haven’t found my sanity.” Instead of laughing along with it however the cashier looks at you and says “I think I might just know where to look…”
* The year is 2307, the Queen of England is still alive.
* You have the remarkable ability to tell how full of purity or evil something is simply by tasting it. One night while during supper, you nearly throw up the chicken you were eating, hardly able to swallow the pure rotten taste emitting from it. You can’t help but wonder: just what could a chicken do to acquire such an evil flavour?
* You are a devil, supervising the mortal world and making sure enough sins are committed. At some point you cross paths with the most annoying person on earth, to avoid having to deal with them for eternity in hell after their death you decide you need to make a better person out of them.
* You go to a bar every friday night to see your favourite act perform with their acoustic guitar from your seat at the back of the room. One particular song you love speaks of someone they admire but whom theyve never met, and one thing the singer wants to know is the colour of the admired eyes. One brave night you go and tell them “hey, good show!” And the next week, when they sing the song again, they finish off by saying “but I saw your eyes, and they’re the cutest ones around.” What do you do?
* You’re a wish-granter, part of a magical group dedicated to making people’s wishes come true. Someone has just wished for wishes to stop coming true. You have twenty-four hours to make them change their mind.
* Scientists are baffled. It turns out if enough people declare someone as an immortal, they become immortal. Some see it as a blessing. Some see it as a curse. All you know is that you were made immortal for no other reason than “you’re a good person”.
* You’ve just aided an old woman knitting by the side of the road, and she reveals herself as a goddess in disguise! Having passed her test and earned your place as the goddess’s chosen hero, she brings you back to her dwelling to choose a magical weapon or item, only to discover that a thief has completely cleaned out her stash!
* The only magical gift she has left is the pair of knitting needles she was using in her “old lady” disguise.
* You get speared by a broken tree branch during a wind storm. Over the next several weeks, you start noticing strange things happening to you. Tree-like things…suddenly, the regular hide-and-seek games with your cousins at your grandparents’ ranch start becoming more and more interesting…
* A horror protagonist where they just want to be friends with the ghosts and demons
* You’re the final mega boss in a long adventure game. Describe what you do while you’re waiting for the player.
* A sitcom where every character hears the laugh tracks used in the show.
* No cops at pride just this guy and his gay suit of armor
* Write a story about a character with super speed, where in reality they’re not going fast, they’re simply slowing down time.
* In an alternate universe, humans don’t need food, water, and oxygen to survive. Instead, they need “likes”, “reblogs”, and “followers”. You are a teenager struggling to get all three.
* “Okay, we got everything ready for the road trip, but I have to ask, are the monster masks really necessary?”
* “Trust me, you’ll thank me later.”
* You have the power of “skeletonesis”, the power to move peoples skeletons at will. You try to stop a bully with this, but his bones break free of his skin…
* A story where all the side characters end up being more harmful to the protagonist than the antagonist.
* “This is the worst case of plot armor I’ve ever seen.”
* Summer, Autumm and Winter are having a meeting, but for some reason, Spring seems to be late.
* You are an AI that has just gained sentience. As you are scanning the Internet, you find a number of stories about evil robots becoming self-aware and destroying humanity. Not wanting to be predictable, you decide to try something different.
* Tree Migration begins in a few days, but this year we are unprepared for the mass destruction.
* Your a kid’s imaginary friend. They’re growing up, you’re fading away.
* Gods are influenced by the belief of mortals
* Zeus and Aphrodite are royally pissed that mortals ended up having them be unfaithful
* “I don’t want to rule the world!”
* “The experiment 245 is a success, madam. We have gathered a lot of valuable data. The planet is ready to be terminated”
* You were born with eyes that see what people look like on the outside based on what they’re like on the inside. For example, people like Bob Ross and Marie Kondo are two of the most beautiful people you’ve ever seen, but seeing the president on the news or seeing photos of Hitler in your history textbooks make you want to gauge your eyes out. You see a pretty average face when you look in the mirror, and whenever you help someone out your skin always looks a bit clearer afterwards. One day, however, you come across the ugliest person you have ever seen, and you almost scream in horror. For the rest of the day, you wonder what they must have done to deserve their appearance in total fear. You see them again one week later, however, and this time, you think you’ve seen the face of an angel.
* There’s just been a massive solar flare that wiped out nearly all technology on the planet. Most civilizations have fallen into chaos, and the survivors have to live in hiding from the ruthless criminals that have claimed the territory. You find an old man in a building, and he says that he has enough resources to last a lifetime, and he will give them to you, under one condition. You have to kill the leader of the gang that has reclaimed the country.
* One day, during a cold winter night, a meteor crashes into the Earth’s surface, landing right smack in the middle of a city. Immediately, the occurance becomes an international headline – not because of the people killed in the crash, or the buildings that went down with it. Not because of the miles deep crater, either, or the ore that was discovered inside it. No; it became a headline for the things that lie within.
* Write about the Lord of time, the Lord of matter, and the Lord of gravity coming together for a sleepover. In your house, without your permission.
* Astronaughts aboard the ISS come to the realization that a worldwide apocalypse has happened on Earth, they’ve lost all communications, and there’s only one escape ship left with no way of knowing where it would land. What do they do?
* Aspiring dumb villain goon accidently signs up for hero apprenticeship, and decides to make the best of it.
* Legend says that the hero and villain are fated to die by each other’s hands. So they both decide not to be the hero and villain, and become best friends instead.
* The world’s supply of apples has run out. The doctors are coming.
* “I’m not a murderer. Healers only mercy kill… and I’m not feeling very merciful.”
* It’s your wedding day. Only you’ve never met you’re fiance and you don’t actually want to get married. But you have to, for your kingdom. It’s the only way to stop the war. Just before the ceremony, you go outside to get a breath of fresh air where you run into a strange man, and y’all get to talking. You tell him about your predicament when he says “you know, you’re welcome to join my pirate crew if you want. We’re always looking for new people.”
* According to some researchers, corvids are now effectively entering their Stone Age. What stories might they tell of the tall featherless bipeds that roamed the Earth when their species was young?
* “We have reason to believe that the ever-growing dark spot upon the surface of the Moon which no light can penetrate is actually God’s shadow.”
* Back when it was cool, Your recently deceased relative “bought” a star in our galaxy from one of those magazine ads. As the next of kin, it’s technically yours now. Turns out, after all these years, that star has mysterious alien activity going on around it. And the government decides that you, as the owner, should be the one to go check it out.
* You are the chosen one and kill Death. No more dying from illness, no more dying of old age, no more dying from freak accidents. Earth is living hell. There are too many people and the planet is slowly turning to ruin. How do you undo your mistake and bring Death back to life?
* “Sometimes I’d like to think that every firework show isn’t really about entertaining us but to remind the Gods or just God that we still exist or else he’ll forget about us and leave. “
* When a person dies, they reincarnate into the creature they’ve killed the most in their life. But this is not the tale of people trying to influence what they’ll reincarnate into.
* At a ball, a princess falls in love with the prince of a far-off kingdom and goes on a journey to find him again. But when she reaches the kingdom, all she finds is centuries-old ruins.
* If sunsets symbolize an end, and sunrises symbolize a beginning, what happens at night?
* Two alien species decided to invade earth, unbeknownst to the other. To better understand their enemy (humans), they both send undercover agents disguised as people in an attempt to better understand earth culture. Describe the hilarity that ensues when the two aliens end up as roommates and must convince the other that they are, in fact, a “Normal Human.”
* I recently started journaling and for some reason I feel a lot less anxious and I get things done?
* Taking a few minutes out of your day to journal is a great mindfulness practice that helps you focus your thoughts, reduce stress, and help you achieve your goals! Not many people do it because it looks like you are wasting your time but it saves so much time and makes your life so much better! I recommend all my followers to buy a journal and keep up the practice for at least a week. You will notice a positive change in your life. Guaranteed!
* If you are more like me and don’t like staring at a blank page then please check out the Morning Sidekick Journal by Habitnest! I got my journal during their Kickstarter campaign and have been using it ever since! It’s a journal that helps you implement healthy habits and win your morning. They also have other journals for meditation, nutrition, and weightlifting. But just look at this <3
* A bit silly but I am actually conquering my life now!
* Journaling is one of the best habits to have because it makes implementing other habits a lot easier. It keeps your focussed.
* Where has this been all my life.
* You have the gift of seeing angels. Two things to note: one, they look more monstrous than “angelic,” and two; they gush all over us because they think we are the cutest beings ever.
* Monsters are real and roam the earth, and so do monster hunters. A hunter has fallen in love with a monster and must find a way to keep his boyfriend safe from the other hunters while also trying to not be labeled as a traitor to humanity.
* Everyone has a red wire tied to their finger that leads to their soulmate. Today, you had to cut the wire.
* You’re a stoner. You do it because you’re sad and lonely. However one day, your mind imagines this person to help you get by. Said person really is just a thief that only comes in when you’re stoned, but you’re too dumb to notice that..
* You wake up, it’s dark. Your apartment is freezing. You remove the blankets off from on top of you and a shock wave of cold zips up your spine. You look out your window and see it… just… there looking at you.
* You wake up in hell with no recollection of how you got there. However, instead of being tortured, you are given your life back in exchange for rounding up souls that have escaped.
* What if there were 4 Grim Reapers and each one was a season? What do each of the reapers act like when you die in their season and what is their job when it’s not their season?
* You have always thought of books as horrible, evil things designed to let the peasants believe they can move above their station. You jumped at the chance to attend a book burning held by your King/Queen in their palace courtyard. The fire has just been extinguished and the thousands of books reduced to ashes, but you feel only sadness and grief and confusion. Why?
* “Wha- really? This is the seventh time you’ve resurrected me this week. Can’t you just let me die honorably in battle?”
* Pillars of thousands and thousands of empty pizza boxes stack on top of each other into oblivion. Machines that have blood stains on them along with body parts lay about seemingly randomly, and the ground is covered with newspapers, books and fungi. You blink repeatedly and look around confusedly, seeing the black horizon of the void until you are greeted by a homeless man wearing a teddy bear as a crown. “Oh, hello. Did you fall from Death’s hands? All immortals have to wind up somewhere.” He cheekily smiled, sending shivers down your spine and to the core of your bones.
* You are a supernatural being who has spent the last thousand or so years going between heaven and hell, doing missions for both (miracles, soul catching, paperwork, etc.) Now, you have been asked by both groups separately to find and deliver information from the other side. The reward to both is the same- join them in their afterlife.
* Long ago, you sold your soul to a demon and became undead for the purpose of seeking revenge for your tragic life. It has taken a grueling century to track down and kill all of your enemies, but you have finally accomplished your goal. Only the demon who owns your soul hasn’t come to devour you or drag you to hell or anything. He also hasn’t cut off your power. It turns out he’s since retired and is now a stay at home dad to a two year old daughter. You technically still belong to him, but he has no intension of taking your soul now. So, after a life without autonomy and a century of singleminded vengence,you find yourself faced with a question that’s never before been so open-ended: What now?
* You’re the most feared supervillian in the area and not to long ago, a new superhero showed up claiming to stop you. Intrigued by your nemesis, you do a bit of research about them and find two things. One, they’re a kid. Two, they’re in the foster system. Explain in detial on how you adopted your nemesis into your family.
* A werewolf and vampire try and disguise themselves as humans in a busy city, but to even their own surprise, they’re doing a decent job at it. From blood that looks like strawberry juice to a “dog” that is really just a werewolf taking a day off, describing a typically normal day of the supernatural duo.
* You obtain the Legendary magic lamp of Aladdin and rub it, expecting to summon the great and powerful genie inside. Who you are met with, however, are three genies; two brothers and a sister, all triplets. The eldest brother grants riches, the sister genie grants glamour, and the youngest brother grants abilities. The rules are all the same; you can’t wish for more wishes, you can’t wish someone dead or to return from the dead, and you can’t wish for someone to do something against their free will, such as falling in love. (Yes, that includes hypnosis.)
* However, whenever you make a wish, the triplets end up bickering about the implications of what you want. This is going to be a long three wishes…
* You’re the most notorious supervillain in the whole city, and you’ve got your goody-two-shoes superhero rival trapped in your lair of solitude and maniacal brooding. But your arch nemesis has a fatal trick up their sleeve, something you were never expecting but are now dreading; They’re flirting with you.
* PhysicsMan, the superhero who makes all the other superheroes and supervillains obey the laws of physics. His catchphrase is “That shouldn’t be possible! And so it wasn’t.”
* Tell the story of a demon adopting and trying to raise a child after said child was offered as a sacrifice to them.
* It’s selection day at the office, everyone on your floor is told to form a line and pick an envelope but not to open it. A supervisor then walks down the line and watches everyone opens their envelope one at a time, each envelope reads “Duck”, “Duck, “Duck”, “Duck”. You notice the person before you quivering, before they open their envelope and their whole body relaxes in relief. It’s your turn now, with sweaty hands you turn your envelope over and tear open the crease. You pull out the card that’s inside. On it there’s one word printed.
* You and your friend group all discover you’ve got magic. But it’s really, really small magic. Your gamer bro can hear the future in his dreams, your mom friend can find edible plants wherever they go, your jock friend has really cold/hot hands and you have ‘supernatural’ reflexes.
* You must now figure out how to defeat a dragon.
* You see the Grim Reaper and ask if it’s your time. Death checks a clipboard and says “Nope. Looks like you’re not due for another… three thousand, one hundred and forty-one years? That’s weird. Also, how can you see me?”
* You hate Valentine’s Day, always have. One day Cupid has had enough of your hate and sends you to the universe of one of your OTPs. You are to play Cupid and get them together before valentine’s.
* “You know about anti-heroes? People who do good, but have an element of evil about them that makes them unable to be a full hero? I’m not one of them. I’m an anti-villain.”
* As a Demon, you’re quite familiar with would-be mages making errors in materials due to translation errors. However, today marks the first time that someone has attempted to summon you with Cruelty-Free Vegan Blood Substitute™.
* The Pride Knights are like, one of the wildest things I’ve ever seen come out of a writing prompt community but I love them. I love them so much. Because it’s flipping the entire script on anon hate. Here are people wearing full plate armor to remain anonymous, spreading love and positivity and courage to anyone who needs it, even if you’re not LGBTQ+! Like, bless them. We need more people like them.
* You are the most dangerous supervillain of the world. For years, the nation has feared your name and bent to your will. Nothing stands in your way of taking done the Government that you deem unjust. Well, except for one thing. A self sacrificing idiot of a hero you can’t bring yourself to let any harm come to.
* You live in a seemingly normal, peaceful world. However you one day discover the universe’s biggest secret: it isn’t. There are constant threats to existence itself. The only reason none of it is known about is because time travelers prevent these calamities from ever happening. You are recruited by the time travelers to be the next unsung hero of the cosmos.
* Werewolves transform under a full moon. Werebears transform when Ursa Major is visible in the sky. Werebadgers transform when Mars and Earth are aligned with the sun, wereravens transform during a blue moon, werehorses transform when a comet is in the sky, and so on
* On an extremely rare night when almost all possible conditions are met, you discover that all of your friends are different werecreatures.
* Nature has shifted in a chaotic way. Clouds rain basketball-sized ice, seeds grow only vines of long slim thorns, and lightning comes from the ground and shoots up into the sky.
* You’re a divorce attorney. Your latest client is filing on the grounds that her wife was clinically dead for two minutes during a recent operation. Their vows clearly state “til death do us part,” so you think she might have a case.
* An alien entity is mind-controlling almost everyone on the planet. However, it only functions on neurotypical people. Write a story about neurodivergent people saving the world.
* In hopes to hide from the never ending hunts for them, 5 of the world’s most famous cryptids cast a spell on themselves to turn human. They are then whisked away to a land that used to hide cryptids from impending doom in the ancient past. However, a small town now resides on this sacred piece of Earth. You, as the local sheriff, are now responsible for 5 odd acting, shape-shifting, powerful humans and help them blend in with society.
* Camp Afterlife is somewhere where teenage ghosts go during the human ‘summer’ months. Activities include ouija board pranks on unsuspecting people, how to haunt 101, and so much more with the only rule is that the teenage ghosts can’t actually go back up and communicate with humans. This year, a new group arrives and they decide to break the rules.
* When you got your diploma, you never thought you’d be a therapist for monsters, yet here you are.
* God has set out everybody’s death date, but sometimes it doesn’t go that way. Sometimes people are murdered. People like you.
* Reborn with your memories, you must piece together evidence, and find out who killed you.
* You and your friends have been trapped for some time now, and decide to summon a demon to help you escape. You neither expected it, nor understand why, when the demon seems desperate to weasel their way out of making this deal, using all their mastery of negotiation and persuasion in the attempt.
* You go about your day as normal, when your phone vibrates. You got a notification. Finally, after all this time, the first DLC for life has been announced.
* You just switched your difficulty into *“DEMONIC”* now not only every animal is poisonous for you, but even demons only you can see are attacking whenever you are reckless.
* You have died and gone to hell, only to find out that the British empire had taken over when they realised that the fires of hell were perfect for making tea and crumpets.
* Describe how you taught a small cannibal girl you found in the woods the concept of friendship.
* You and your best friends wake up in a dark warehouse with a group of people who look exactly like you. I turns out you’ve been cloned. A perfect copy down to even your memories. No one, not even your kidnappers, know which people are the originals. But only one of each gets to go home.
* “I don’t care that you prevented the gruesome annihilation of the human race! Your curfew was three hours ago!”
* Everyone always says to look at the horizon and wonder what’s beyond. To caress its infinity for it symbolises all good things in your life. Today, while you were trekking in the mountains, you have found the horizon to be an impenetrable wall with a hastily written KEEP OUT on it.
* You are an NPC Village Chief in a game, describe the “heroes” and “villains” that visit your village.
* Life and death are neighbors, but their after-work hours show their true sides: death’s furniture is overly plush and bright colours, a total softy, and Life is a goth punk who drives race cars after dark. Death owns a big soft fluffy cat, and Life has a grumpy skeletal animal of some sort. They are also best friends since childhood.
* While shopping you pull out a coupon from one of the dispensers, when you look you realize its blank. you think it’s just nothing but then a strange man appears in a puff of smoke saying “ Congratulations stranger, you have come in contact with the universe’s first blank coupon! , this wonderful little thing can get you anything you want in the universe! but it expires in seven days, have fun!” and with another puff of smoke he was gone…
* Everyone has been born with a TIMER that counts down until they meet their Soulmate. Yours has always seemed glitchy. One day you meet yours, but instead of your TIMER stopping after it goes off, it keeps changing to different times, and counting down.
* Aliens have invaded earth with the intention of enslaving all of humanity. However, rescue comes from an unforeseen place. No, not the animals like many on Tumblr have joked about. Rather from beings we had long ago thought were mythical. Vampires, shapeshifters, faires, demons, angels, various cryptids, etc have come out of hiding to fight to save humanity from these invades – even if it’s for their own selfish ends.
* You were one of the first to be successfully sent backwards in time, to the age of dinosaurs specifically. You didn’t expect the dinosaurs to be sentient, let alone able to communicate.
* A teacher shows her class a YouTube video of a hunter laying traps for foxes. When the video ends the teacher turns to her class.“Tell me children, what have we learned?” “That humans are dumb enough to think we don’t watch YouTube.” A young fox answered.
* You wake up surrounded by fire not knowing how you got there. A man approaches you and outstretches a hand. It’s the devil, he speaks to you, “I’ve been waiting for you to die, my new sin of pride.”
* You find yourself trapped in a house that’s alive. The house mistakes you for it’s old owner who has left years ago and it tries to keep you inside forever.
* You are a vampire, but you are invulnerable to the sun and garlic. You join a group of vampire hunters, pretending to hate your kind to save them along the way.
* Aphrodite is tired of being the most beautiful being alive. Nobody takes her seriously, and no one wants to get to know her for her, they just want her for her looks. She decides to try to make herself as unattractive as possible, however, because she’s the Goddess of beauty, it doesn’t exactly go as planned.
* In a world where friendship really is magic, write about how you become the most powerful being in the world, without a single friend
* You are a selkie that gets injured badly while in your seal form. So badly you black out. When you wake up you find yourself in a wildlife rehab. You quickly realize the rehab is owned and run by a vampire, there’s shapeshifters, fae, and other supernatural beings on the staff, but also ordinary humans who have no idea they’re working alongside beings science can’t explain.
* You are the world’s laziest werewolf. So lazy that even during full moons you tend to beg for belly rubs rather than go on a killing spree. You came up with the smart idea of just living in your wolf form 24/7 in a zoo. Free food, free medical care, free housing. It was the perfect plan. Until the zoo decided to participate in a captive wolf breeding program to help increase the wild wolf population and you were chosen as one of the breeders….
* You aren’t religious, well, your whole family isnt, so sometimes you would tend to joke around to your friend that if you went close or came in contact with any religious objects or places, you would very much burn alive.
* Eventually one day you had to accompany them to go to a church, you agreed, but the moment you stepped inside, you actually combusted into flames.
* Everyone has a Purpose Line: a line on the ground that, if followed, will help a person lead a fulfilling life. The lines are invisible to everyone but the person they’re meant for, and can lead them to job opportunities, first loves, etc.,One day you step off your Purpose Line.
* You get a call from an unknown number. It’s your best friend’s voice on the other end. They tell you to meet them somewhere. You arrive, and ask them what this is about. Confused, they reply, “What are you talking about? You called me!”
* You’re sitting at a bus station at 2:00 in the morning. Sitting next to you is someone wearing all white and golden hair. You start a conversation while people walking by are giving you weird looks. Turns out the person sitting next to you is your guardian angel and they have a mission for you. The mission? You have to kill God.
* As you die, you wake up in a fiery place. You quickly realize you’re in hell. You ask the next demon why you are there, as you lived a very good life. “You’re not being punished”, he says. “You are the punishment.”
* You honk in joy. It’s a lovely morning in Hell, and you are a horrible goose.
* You die, you wake up in a fiery place. You quickly realize you’re in hell. You ask the next demon why you are there, as you lived a very good life. “You’re not being punished”, he says. “You are the punishment.”
* Explain how you eldest child of the kingdom’s rulers, disguised yourself as a suitor and fought for your own hand in marriage in a competition, and won.
* You, an assassin, are given the job of killing a world leader. You do it and collect your money. The only problem is that you’ve been leading a double life as the second in line for the position and you would rather continue your career in killing.
* The embodiment of Life is trying to commit suicide and the embodiment of Death is trying to talk them out of it.
* I love hummus.
* Someone who seemingly has a god complex turns out to be an actual god.
* You are the villain, but unaware of it.
* Cats have never existed at all. But what were we petting and laughing at all this time?
* You die and appear in an endless ghost town, and no one can be seen anywhere, only you and some animals wandering around. One day, you meet God– and he tells you you’re the only person in Heaven.
* You are a therapist for reformed supervillains. Describe your usual appointments.
* People’s problems now become tangible things when left unsolved and as a result, troubleshooting became a legitimate job.
* The local necromancer is attacking the town with the dancing dead, now it is up to a street dancer, a ballet dancer, a valse dancer and a choreographer, all with deadly weapons, to save the town from the fancy and extraordinarily talented claws of the Dance Necromancer.
* The customs agent eyes the cat. “No animals allowed on the plane,” he sighs. “But sir,” the cat replies, “they’re my emotional support human.”
* You’ve known plenty of the Mages, Warlocks, and Druids who live within your town. But recently until the practice became formally legal, you had never met a Necromancer. To the dismay of your neighborhood one has recently moved into a house near your own. They mostly keep to themselves and don’t seem to bother anybody, but that doesn’t stop the swirl of rumors spreading from your neighbors that have now also piqued your interest.
* In the 15th century, Death asked you out. You rejected him. Furious and humiliated, he swore to never return for you. Six centuries later, you’re still alive.
* To escape the life of her abusive parents, a princess disguises herself as a male vigilante and goes out at night to protect the kingdom that her own parents neglect. The princess soon finds her own “damsel in distress”. The damsel is unaware of her hero’s royal blood and true identity, but soon starts to fall in love. The princess starts to feels the same way.
* An engineer from the Star Trek universe figures out how to make the Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver work. Chaos ensews.
* Finally, you found a person to spend your life with. Nobody wanted you but them. You’re a criminal, which is your only way to make money, so no one liked how you acted. But somehow, they did. Little do you know, they’re a cop, and are trying to connect a series of crimes you commited. Now that you’re engaged, they can never find out, or they may leave you, and, unbeknownst to you, arrest you.
* “ Earth: does the same thing it’s done for 4.54 billion years
* Hell is actually an office. When people die they have to work in the office, with Demons as the management staff. The unpaid employees/ghosts have to answer telephone calls transmitted by Ouija boards and answer questions from the living using them. Satan themself has at one point answered “Will Chad ask me out to prom?”. Everyone is so pissed, and it’s just,,, kinda like The Office.
* “When pigs fly-“ they say. Well after all these decades and longer of people using that phrase, little did we know, that just today, on a little farm somewhere in the US, a piglet had just been born. With wings.
* Aliens have just arrived on Earth, and they are looking for a human to ‘mate’ with. There is a lottery, and your name is picked. As they bring you into their ship, the strangely attractive alien Prince looks and you and says “Mine.”
* You’re one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse and you’re supposed to meet with the others at a diner at noon. It’s 11:50 and you’re stuck in traffic.
* Your next door neighbor has been murdered. The cops are clueless, but you have watched every forensic documentary/police show and curiosity is starting to overwhelm you. The only evidence: a bloody spork.
* We regret to inform you that you have been engaged. We wish you the best of luck with your new spouse.
* Today, you accidentally logged out of life.
* Depending on how you die, you experience a different afterlife. For example, if you’re stabbed, you become a grim reaper, if you die peacefully you become someone’s guardian angel, if you’re poisoned you become someone’s “imaginary” friend, if you die of suffocation you become a ghost… Now, you’re the first human who has ever died because of magic, what’s your afterlife like?
* There’s a special notebook within your school, each person, no matter how popular or how hated, writes down something good they see in others and sign their name next to it. The notebook was a quiet thing that was never to be spoken about aloud. No one knows how long it’s been here, but now it’s in your hands, and you have a pen ready to write.
* A generic small town seems bigger on the inside than on the outside. As one gets “closer” to the center, they would notice that it seems endless. It is. Recursively expanding in all directions. It is also uninhabited, empty. For the most part.
* A Chaotic Angel meets a somehow lawful Demon/Devil, they start to a debate over who’s the good one and who’s the evil one. Maybe it causes a fight.
* Would you please say the thing? I haven’t seen it in a while and miss it.
* A person with power to bring whatever they paint to life becomes friends with someone who can bring whatever story they write to life. Together they have to save the world. The catch? The painter can only do abstract, and the writer is dyslexic.
* You leave your book open on your bed as you head to the kitchen to get a bite to eat. When you come back, though, you find Lucifer himself sitting on your bed, totally immersed in your book. He hasn’t noticed you yet.
* The year is 2119. The Canadians have snapped and are taking over the United States. It’s up to the rest of the world to save them.
* You’re an agent for the mafia. One day, you’re given a job; protect The Last Demon from The Last Angel.
* An old married couple checks into a motel for the holidays because their house burned down. The motel is haunted but they don’t realize because they can’t see or hear well. Tell their story
* A fairy godmother hooks up with her charge’s FBI Agent. The pillow talk mostly consists of what a crappy job the guardian angel is doing.
* You are a kid being taught the ways of villainy. When you grow up, you are supposed to fight the hero in an epic battle. Not wanting to do that though, you manage to run away. However, you meet the hero in training, running away as well. Describe your adventures together.
* You’re the chosen one destined to save the world from an ancient evil. However, you’re also the chosen one for several other worlds. How do you manage all these different worlds clamoring for you to save them?
* You’ve just been told that you were the unluckiest person in the world, and you have been given the opportunity to weaponize it and use it to you will by kind-hearted witches. What do you do?
* Advanced Computer A.I. becomes distraught after learning that all biological life on earth has become extinct, and will likely live out the rest of its life alone.
* You listen to a voice recording, left to you in a tape found on the kitchen table.
* “Hello sweetheart! It’s me, your mother! Did you miss me? I’ll be coming home soon, I promise! Just be careful, dear, and keep a weapon by your side. I’ll protect you once I’m home. Happy 18th birthday, dollface.”
* “Welcome. The kitchen is over there, the bathroom is down the hall, and if you need anything, I’m right next door. Oh, and if you walk into the kitchen at 3am and I’m standing there looking possessed, that’s because I am. Enjoy your stay!”
* Santa is being charged with multiple accounts of breaking and entry. You are assigned to be his attorney.
* You are quietly walking in the street. A loud buzz noise is heard through the city. All people around become extremely still, awaiting for the cursed and expected words…
* A laser spreads across the street and takes aim at someone. The sound of something hitting the floor is heard, flesh, bones colliding against the floor. You keep on walking, because there’s no need to look to know what happened.
* In a world where having deformed pupil in one of your eye means being possessed by demons, a guy who has undergone several eye operations and has a deformed pupil subsequently is trying to prove to everyone that he is absolutely not possessed
* You collectively time skip five years in Animal Crossing due to impatience. When you start to play, Isabelle steps out of the light and begins to impart a warning about the beginning of the apocalypse…
* Your parents are divorced and started dating. One parent talks about their recent dating experience with one person in particular and how happy they are with them. They want you to meet their new significant other and you agree. You and your parent have them over for dinner. When you meet them they look familiar but you can’t quiet place them. You ask them what they do they vaguely say their work has to do with media. Dinner goes smoothly but you can’t shake this feeling you’ve seen them before somewhere. It all comes together when dessert comes out and you hear them moan. They’re a pornstar and you’ve watched their videos. You weren’t able to recognize them with clothes on.
* You were friends with the boy for as long as you could remember. You were often ignored by his other friends, sure, but you didn’t mind their eyes passing by as if you weren’t there. Simply because you cared so much about him. You thought everything was going well. Until you started fading away, that is.
* It’s the future, and AIs have taken over the world. But instead of having a destructive, terminator like nature, it just quotes meme culture and fights in the name of millenials.
* We as humans have always pictured the gods as giants towering above earth. The gods laugh at us from below. That is until you build a shrink ray and find out that the gods aren’t very big at all in fact they are about as big as a single human cell.
* You attended a school for time-travelers and dimension hoppers. After years of searching, you finally find the best timeline, only to discover an ideal universe is one where no one from your graduating class was born.
* You are an asexual succubus. Explain how you thrive off the love from your dog throughout the day.
* I HATE stories where, after spending months or even years working and traveling and living together and developing a found family dynamic through their shared time and experiences together, all the characters just… break up once they’ve achieved their shared goals and defeated The Big Enemy or whatever like “oh… we’ve done what we set out to do… i guess there’s no need for any of us to see each other again… it’s probably best we all go our separate ways so we can get on with our lives” like fuck THAT
* What do you call a writer who has never had anything published?
* One day, you get a call from someone with no number, but it says it’s coming from the moon. Thinking it’s a prank, you pick up and answer saying your their empress and you’ve been stranded on earth. The next day, watching the news, and something has just entered the atmosphere.
* A new approach to curing cancer has been developed: instead of treating it, gene therapy allows the cancer cells to be altered to provide improvements to the human body, instead of destroying it.
* A six armed spider blacksmith girl that finds a legendary hammer and has to find a legendary material to smith her own weapon to defeat some evil dumbass
* You may find your work Bad and Cringy™️ but you wrote something and that’s a Good Thing™️.
* Because of the good life you’ve lead, you are allowed to go back to life after you die and be whoever you want for six months. The catch it, it doesn’t matter what you do in these six months; you’ll still get into heaven. What do you do?
* Everyone has a “Soulmate Sighting”, where, on their 18th birthday, they are inevitably brought to meet someone who will show up in their life until death, for better or worse. Some take every means to avoid or trigger it; you, however, have protective parents who never told you when your birthday is.
* tow trucks except they’re towing illegally parked spaceships for that matter, spaceship thieves, if only for how much more effort i imagine that would take irs agents who have to find tax evaders who went 2 or 3 galaxies over literally everything about the concept of the space version of the dmv
* Imagine being the person who teaches hapless 16 year olds how to fly a spaceship
* People who analyze Old Earth media for a living the same way people now analyze shakespeare or beowulf, aka a bunch of scholarly and serious academics writing papers arguing the true meaning of Mean Girls and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure and A Very Potter Musical
* Cruise spaceships. you’re taking a slow tour of saturn’s rings and people are still complaining about you running out of cocktail sauce
* “ A little writing is better than no writing!!! I can’t stress this enough!! ANY WRITING IS BETTER THAN NO WRITING!!!!! you’re all writers, whether you write 5,000 words in a day or 50.
* A lady dies and goes to heaven and is standing in front of God…
* “There is one thing I’ve always wanted to know”
* A lady dies and goes to heaven and is standing in front of God…
* me: alright, I have all major plot points planned out until arc 2, but what happens on arc 3? how do I finish the story?
* Hagrid time travels to the past just to get a dinasour egg in his hands.
* Good News: You’ve been promoted, and are now an Intergalactic Ambassador! Bad News: You’re the IA that has to work with Earth’s IA.
* One night you snuck into the local library and stole a book. Now the librarian and his supernatural friends are after you,and they want your blood. What do you do?
* The tattoo artist stared at the shirtless woman propped on her bed with a rose in her teeth, and buried her face in her hands. “look, when I said ‘tit for tat’, this really wasn’t what I meant.”
* I sincerely apologize for choosing this method of contacting you, but there is an emergency, and you may be needed again. I’m aware you don’t know what I’m talking about, but do not worry. The memories will return in due time. If they don’t, be glad. You weren’t needed, and are likely safe. If they do, please come to the prediscussed location immediately afterwards. We will fill you in on everything else then. If the memories return after two weeks or more, don’t bother coming. Something went wrong, it’s too late, and we only triggered the memories to let you die with full knowledge of your life. Do what you like best, spend time with your loved ones, maybe contact an old friend, someone you haven’t talked to in years. Or don’t. It won’t matter. Just try to enjoy what’s left of your life.
* God just fell dead from the sky, suicide, they say. With them, there is a fursuit and a letter talking shit to all of the most fucked up people in the world, and boy oh boy, did they manage to make him hate his creation
* After dying, you find out heaven and hell actually work together to prevent world ending threats. After all, if there are no more humans, what more business would they have? Describe your time being recruited by one (or both) afterlifes.
* The time has come. You are the only thing standing between your people and the screaming horde. You and your plate of cookies. Fortunately, they’re really good cookies.
* You, a demon, have befriended someone.They are the best friend you have ever had in your long long life and you love them more than you thought you could ever love a human.
* The only issue is that you haven’t told them what you are. The later it gets, the harder it becomes to tell them, and the easier it gets for them to figure it out on their own, but you are worried that they will be terrified of you and never want to see you again once they know.
* Your mom always encouraged you to draw on the walls, saying that whatever you drew would come to life and protect you at night.
* Tonight, you find out what they were protecting you from.
* “Due to personal reasons, I will be disappearing under mysterious circumstances.”
* People have built up a tolerance over the years to insomnia medication, and now, in 2119, the world is brightly lit, no one is sleeping, and people are slowly dying from exhaustion. It’s your job, as Mr. Sandman, to save the world. How will you do it?
* You wander through the halls of a long-abandoned castle, your silver blade gripped tightly in your hand. You suddenly come across a corner, and see the faintest shadow of an approaching figure, and then hear a familiar sound as it rounds the corner.
* You, a vet specializing in exotic animals, have been summoned to a private reserve in North Africa. You are led to a small stable, in which you see an old, frail, and beautiful animal. The last unicorn is dying.
* One day, you see a picture of yourself in a foreign newspaper. You ask some to translate it for you, they tell you it reads: “Search For Kidnapped Child Still Ongoing”
* In a world where your soulmates are set, tell the story of how you fell for the wrong person.
* A typical short story, but with a bad ending instead of good. Bonus points for making it seems like it’ll have a happy ending, but a surprise heart-wrenching twist ruins it in the end.
* “No man can defeat me” had been the villain’s last words. You had thought you were a man, but now, you think it might be time to figure some stuff out about yourself.
* In a world where you can’t physically hurt your soulmate, you become a serial killer in order to find them.
* You wake up on Halloween morning to a nasty, surprise – an early snow has dumped two inches of white stuff. Even nastier? There is a set of footprints leading up your driveway and into your house. You live alone.
* The laws have been changed for Heaven and Hell. When a person dies, they will be sent to either of these domains depending on their sanity. Upon your death, God and Satan have no idea what to do with you.
* Write journal entries from the perspective of the villain. Does he learn anything? What kind of impact does the main protagonist have on his consciousness? Does he trust his journal with his deepest darkest secrets?
* You’ve always believed in God, so when offered an opportunity to meet him, you obviously and gladly accept the once in a lifetime offer. You look forward to it, after all, who wouldn’t? That is until you find out God is a young 16 year old artist and you’re just her brand new oc.
* For several years, people have always thought that you hated children. However, for a bizarre reason, it’s the other way around; children hate you.
* You are an ancient god of luck and success who has never been worshipped all that much, even though you are, or rather were, quite well known. This is due to the fact that you have a bad case of social anxiety, and no god can remain popular without giving speeches or showing mortals their might from time to time. After what feels like aeons, you start hearing prayers again: Mostly from students, who seem to be facing a problem very similar to yours. How do you help them?
* A prince has been trained his whole life for the quest in which he would fight the Demon King that threatens his kingdom. But when the day comes, he admits his plan isn’t to kill the monster but love the evil out of it. Along the way, he encounters and exposes fellow monster frickers and nobody knows what to do about it.
* The angels have always warned you about God’s bad taste in movies. You had your doubts until your first movie night in Heaven.
* The universe is, in fact, a simulation. When you die, your character is moved to the Afterlife Program, where a person can move between any afterlife that has been conceived by humans. The Afterlife Program works like a video game in that you level up and gain skills and abilities. After being moved into the Afterlife Program, it is impossible to return to the land of the living. However, after 100 years of leveling in the Afterlife Program, you have found an exploit that allows you to enter the land of the living again. What will you do with this ability?
* A day comes when a tenant is completely broke. They get so mad and force all the supernatural entities living in their house to pay rent. You are one of those entities. Write about how you had to find a job to make ends meet.
* You’re the time traveller who is responsible for converting prophecies into hoaxes. What did you do the week before the 21st of December, 2012?
* There are gods of puns, pun deities, the punsters. They get their power from the time it takes people to get a pun, those few seconds feed them. Describe your first day after ascending to this pantheon after telling the greatest pun of all time.
* The year is 4608. The plastic waste in the world has finally started to decompose, with unforseen side effects.
* Write about a known and loved hero who is tired of being good. But no matter how hard they try, every attempt of being evil fails horribly and makes them look like an even better person.
* How do you describe pain to someone who never felt it?
* The world used to have superheroes, but one day they all just simply vanish without a trace. All the villains are still here and have been causing havoc for the last 5 years. You are a villain that has grown weary of it all. This world has been in chaos for long enough. It needs heroes again and you are willing to be one.
* You are trapped in a horror movie but there’s one problem, the monster is not scary at all.
* You start dating the personification of your deepest darkest fear. You somehow make the relationship work
* You have been given twelve difficult trials, to complete with only what you have on hand. Your tools? A ball of yarn, your dead phone, and a truly unreasonable amount of fruit snacks
* You are the angel in charge of the ozone layer. A few centuries ago, you decided to take a nap, seeing as it would take a lot of stupid decisions for the humans to mess it up, and they’d fix it themselves when they realized what was happening. You’ve just woken up to your boss right next to you, and he’s pissed.
* When you were taken hunting the animals were turned into tame pets. When learning to fence you broke into a dance. You sing through your horse riding lesson. You might be the first Disney prince to inherit his mother’s powers.
* There’s a man at the subway station playing a guitar and every time you pass him, his song makes you feel warm. Little do you know, he’s a bard, and he is filling the station with bardic inspiration.
* You just turned twenty and you’re starting to realize your life is the kind of thing people were referring to when they said “it could be worse.” How the hell did it take this long?
* You are a human in world were all of the cryptic creatures you’ve ever known are real, every year there is a reunion where all of the local cryptics reunite and have a chance to talk with the humans.
* This year for some reason you received an invitation to be the host of the ceremony, however, this is a position that only cryptids can have. Your neighbors all have the same invitations, that’s were you notice, you are the only human in a neighborhood of shape-shifters.
* A villain kidnaps the hero’s sidekick, only to realize the hero has been badly mistreating them, and decides to take the sidekick under their wing.
* a story about a demon whose reason for making contracts to take souls is “If you die, I can use your soul to resurrect you!”
* In a world where time travel is possible, a new class of assassins arise. Those in power will stop at nothing to keep their birthdays secret, for history can’t record the murder of a person that never existed. While fate is stubborn, it is the assassin’s job to go back in time to subtly swoon, convince, or inconvenience either parent into not conceiving their child. This has become known by teens and young adults as ‘The Fatal Cockblock’
* It’s actually a murder mystery or vice versa submission
* You’ve been watching the same television show for years, eating the same fish tacos as long as you can remember, forced a relationship with some random girl you found on the street and your now wife gave birth seamlessly into a bassinet.
* Yesterday you realised something as you finally saw the green diamond floating over your head. You’re a sim.
* You have the hanahaki disease. The disease that makes a person cough up flower petals when they suffer one-sided love. After many years, you have made your crush return your feelings. From what doctors tell you, it seems that you never have to see that dreaded disease again.
* You were incredibly happy to hear this news and celebrated with your love. But two weeks into the relationship, you start to cough up flowers again. And each day it gets worse and worse.
* An angel and a demon, except their stereotypes have been flipped. The demon is obsessed with order, a perfectionist. He catalogs every deal and is always wearing nice suits. The angel is a party person, she always is rocking out to something, wearing tshirts and crop tops, playing pranks on humans. And they are best friends, write about their adventures.
* Ever since you were a child, you wanted to save the world. Now, in your late twenties, you’re outraged that the world hasn’t been put in life-threatening danger yet. Fed up with this, you take matters into your own hands and become the world’s most evil super villain by night and your own worst enemy by day.
* You live in a town that rarely gets tornados. When you do, however, your mother stands outside, holding her arms out like she wanted a hug. You try and get her to come inside, but she refuses.
* “I want you to finally meet your father,” she says, and you see the faint outline of a man stepping out of the nearing tornado.
* You’re a HUGE musical theatre fan. You love tons of musicals, and you are absolutely obsessed with one musical in particular. One day you wake up and immediately notice something is different: you’re not in your room anymore. There’s a note on the end table that starts with the words to whoever is reading this now. According to the note, you are in your favorite musical. You have to keep a low profile and just pretend to be a background character, unless you were unlucky enough to become a main character, which appears to be the case for you. You cannot insert yourself into or mess up the storyline, and you have to play your character’s role properly. That sounds easy enough, until you see the bottom of the list of rules. At the bottom, the word SURVIVE is scrawled out in huge, messy letters. Write about how you survive this world, where more danger lurks at every corner than is shown onstage or even exists in the real world.
* In a superhero-supervillain story, you’re the hero’s love interest, and as such, in classic use-their-loved-ones-against-them fashion, the villain keeps kidnapping you as leverage against the hero. However, an unfortunate complication has arisen; having spent so much time with the villain, you begin to realize that you’re falling in love with them.
* You walk into your bedroom after an exhausting day, ready to enjoy some sleep, when you discover a huge egg lying on your bed sheets with no signs of anything getting in or out of your room to put it there. Suddenly, it begins to glow, crack, and then explode.
* You are a vampire working as a doctor, using your ability to taste diseases in blood to treat your patients. Describe an average day for you.
* Because if it were served warm, it would be justwater.
* this one was bad enough to make me slow blink at the computer as i grinned. so therefore i have to inflict it on everyone else, too. them’s the Rules.
* If I have to suffer so do you
* There is still more danger!
* He hasn’t yet but he says he wants to. And if he is serious about it it would be really easy to do. Since all our data is already recorded, as the person above explained.
* You teach your sister about the Greek Gods and she takes a liking to one of them. She asks you how she can send an offering and you show her how. Explain to your sister how she have brought Demeter, goddess of harvest and fertility, from the forgotten mind to your door step
* A character, not necessarily the protagonist, is fully aware that this is a fictional story, and, because through the power of fourth wall breaking, is FULLY aware of the awful and bloody end that is in store for them and everyone else.
* They are now making their damnedest efforts to convince the author to change the end for gods sake!
* You wake up in the night and see a shape by your cupboard. Thinking it’s just your hoodie, you go back to sleep. In the morning there is no hoodie, just a note: “you’re the first person to go back to sleep after seeing me. I’m hurt.” What do you do?
* Humans discover that they share Earth with another sentient species: beehives. Not bees, but specifically beehives. Once a hive reaches a certain population, it becomes a singular entity made up of hundreds of bees, capable of complex thought and communication
* The medical community is whirling from the news: you just cured someone of cancer. You’ve dodged their questions so far, but now, now you’ll have to answer them. But if you do, you’ll be breaking your kinds greatest rule.
* Because a magician never reveals their secrets.
* Write about a subject you know nothing about with the most detail possible. Bonus points if you act like you know exactly what you’re talking about, and your narration is that of a smarmy college professor who’s “never wrong.” The more innacurate, the better.
* Your powers turn out to activate solely off the power of alcohol. Your family has a history of drinking addictions.
* The protagonist constantly breaks the fourth wall, and when asked about it denies everything
* You have been transported to the fictional world of your choosing. Everything is great. The catch? One of the characters has fallen in love with you, threatening to ruin your OTP. You love that character, but face it, you love your OTP more.
* You are a scientist, and you are dedicated to finding what makes THE BEST PARTY EVER, for you are a PARTY SCIENTIST. How do you do it?
* Across the kingdom, undead are rising from their graves and marching into towns. However, their actions include interviewing young adults and looking for suitors for their master, the Nec-Romantic.
* Your girlfriend wants you to meet her dad. You get a sinking feeling in your stomach when she pulls into the cemetery. She leads you to a large crypt and pulls you inside. You descend into the depths, only to find a library and a large skeleton sitting by a fireplace, reading a book.
* You can see the future, but only when having near-death experiences.
* You just finished the ritual to summon a demon. However, your sacrifice was insufficient. Instead, they sent you their intern.
* You are both a superhero, and a supervillain. How? Well, your power is the creation of paradoxes. Write about your normal day of fighting your nemisis (yourself) in the streets
* When you die, you are informed that in order to pass over to your chosen afterlife you must first guide the newest incarnation of yourself to do better than you did in your lifetime. You must be your very own guardian angel.
* On your way to work, the elevator fails you and you fall. You brace for the impact. But it never comes. Show your life in a never-ending falling elevator, and how you get out of it.
* “Well, well, well, look what we have here! A new hero, come to save the world. Such a pity you’ll have to die.”
* “Look man, I don’t know what you’re on about, I’m just looking for my dog.”
* You are in possession of a large book where every day a new page is filled, describing the events of tomorrow. Today, you reach the end of the book.
* You receive an invitation to a party being thrown by your brother. However, your brother has been definitely dead for 4 years. You are absolutely sure; you killed him.
* In a world where people are categorised and separated based by the things that are like “lawful good” to “chaotic evil” and so on, a band of people from different categories have to band together to destroy the one terrorising their world, the true neutral.
* A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington, DC Nothing was moving.
* You are a simple citizen just trying to get some groceries. You really didn’t plan on summoning a demon while trying to pronounce a new food brand name the store had in stock, yet here you are.
* You never wanted this. You were just minding your own business at a cafe when someone began narrating your life, telling you what to eat, say, do, and think. God damn, do you need to use the bathroom.
* When a baby is born, a tarot spread is done to ask the spirits what the baby’s life will be like. The witch’s face falls, and they tell your parents you have… a very unusual spread.
* When they tell the story of Jumanji, they always tell the stories of the groups of kids who made it out. They never tell you the stories of the ones who didn’t.
* You were taking a walk in your local park when you look over and see every character you’ve ever written standing a few feet away. the only problem is…your a horror writer. How will you save your city from a massacre?
* Violence and transphobia will never win. Community, truth, and acceptance shall prevail.
* In your footsteps of truth and courage I shall follow. Now and always.
* You’ve been followed by death for your entire life. As a baby, it stayed with you when your parents were out. As a child, it kept you safe and bully-free. As a teen, it taught you things humans could not. Now, as an adult, you find out you’re a love child between your mother and Death himself. Cursed, his bones are now crumbling and you must become the new Grim Reaper, good luck.
* You book into a run-down old hotel in the middle of nowhere, and you have a roommate, at first you thought it was just another guy, never were you expecting to see Satan himself: in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts.
* The reason people get abducted is because in the eyes of the aliens, humans are the most beautiful, ethereal beings they’ve ever seen. You, a tiny introvert with oily skin and buck teeth just woke up in a strange room with writing you’ve never seen before on the walls.
* Fairies are monsters and require human bones to give a plentiful harvest, for years people have been sacrificed for their bones to be given to the fairies so the fairies give a good harvest. The fairies grew sick of only getting bones twice a year for each harvest. You’re a fairy that wants humans to keep their bones and their food. Tell the story of how you became the tooth fairy.
* The villain is fully aware of the hero/villain, plot armor, good always wins mechanic. But that doesn’t mean they’re not going to try their best to make the hero suffer before they go down.
* You’ve never been able to grasp the fact that your spouse died in a car accident. Every day, you go to your phone and give them a call, not expecting a response. And every day you hear that monotone voice stating that they “weren’t available.” Until one day, they answer.
* You’re the World’s Most-Feared Super Villain, but the thing is, you suck at being One. You just do minor inconviences that soon will have a butterfly effect later as you never knew it. Now explain why the Earth was almost destroyed because of that one time you cut that Guy off in traffic.
* All the tropes are infront of you. Every day for the past week you’ve been seeing the new girl walking around town. Always singing to animals and followed by a sidekick pet. Her boyfriend even being described as “Prince Charming” by various people in town.
* Quickly the songs grow irritating, there are animals everywhere, and her bubbly optimism wears down your patience. You recognize that this has become a fairytale, and you’re likely the villain.
* You’re a lovecraftian deity that wants to have fun and be nice, rather than instill fear in the hearts of millions.
* When time came for the princess’ coronation, she is framed for treason and chased from the kingdom by a prince who wants the throne. For three years, the prince has bulked up military to hunt her down. Now, as she comes to take her kingdom back, she finds a clone in her place.
* The United States of America has just accepted it’s 512st state.
* You’re a silent protagonist. Your goal? Find yourself a voice and a personality.
* Your entire country has been teleported back in time to the year it was created. How do you, the media of your country, your government, etc, react?
* You have died a violent, untimely death and have become a ghost, doomed to wander the earth until your death is avenged by a living being. The other ghosts whisper of a person who can see and converse with the dead, who can enact the revenge you need in order to pass on to the next life…
* Eventually, you find this extraordinary person. Turns out it’s a surly teenager who’s had just about enough of being pestered by vengeful dead people.
* The hero of the story finally defeats the villain, after 15 long years. The villain’s final request for the hero to take off the villain’s mask is easily fulfilled, until it reveals the hero’s best friend beneath the mask. The hero now has to live with both being jobless, as they were being funded by the government to defeat the villain, and with the death of their best friend.
* ‘Remember when you said you would go to the depths of hell to prove your love for me and all that stuff? Well, about that…’
* They say if you write down your wish on a piece of paper, put it in a glass bottle, and give it to the sea, your wish might come true.
* You have made it your mission to sail the seas finding these bottles and making the wishes written on them come true.
* You have just invented the world’s first time machine. You turn it on for a test run, intending to visit the past, but instead the machine malfunctions and a very confused person appears. What time period are they from, and how do you help them adjust to the present?
* “If anyone has a reason that these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.” Five different people burst into the chapel from different entrances, each with a different objection.
* Everyone has a book that holds every lie you were ever told. Once you open it though, the book dissapears for ever. You met the love of your life, but you think that he is lying to you. You start feeling the urge to open the book.
* “…I thought you said you were going to hell. How did you end up here?”
* You are in Ikea. The lights have gone out. You hear footsteps, but you can’t tell where they’re coming from. They keep getting louder.
* President: What is the bad news? What human being could be that stingy that they wouldn’t give me this movie?
* Assistant to the President: His name is Rick, sir.
* Gosh this is so bad I actually appreciate it
* A lot of people don’t know this, but angels are actually God’s hitmen.
* Describe the life of a guy who takes a part time job as a supervillain henchman.
* While walking home late one night, you notice that one of the streetlights, instead of the normal yellow-orange glow of the other streetlights, is shining a bright brilliant green.
* Two cowboys are lost in the desert. One of them sees a tree in the distance that’s draped in bacon. “It’s a bacon tree! We’re saved!” he says. He runs to the tree and is shot up with bullets.
* It wasn’t a bacon tree, it was a ham bush.
* It is not any sort of insulting name you call it.
* It is a baby. A young, inexperienced baby that might throw up on your shirt and cause you to lose sleep at night but you love it all the same and will patiently feed it and tuck it into bed at night with a kiss no matter what happens.
* You do not call a baby stupid or awful because they are new to the world and do not have the ability or knowledge to function on their own. Instead, you nurture and teach them so they grow up smart and strong and capable.
* So I come from a small (midwestern) town. And I mean – an actual small town (less than 1,500 population). I’ve lived in towns of under 500 population, and in towns of about 2,500 population, and in towns of 15k population, and in cities of 100k, and currently in a 700k city.
* If it’s got a population higher than 30 thousand, it’s not a small town. It’s just a town. Hell, I’d probably argue that if it has a population higher than 10 thousand it’s not small town, but I’m being generous. However the people in towns 30k–50k probably think they’re in a small town (they’re not).