How to Write a Fantasy Novel
– How to Write Crime Fiction
– How to Write a Children’s Book
– What is Plot? An Intro to Plotting and Plot Structure
– How Do You Create Characters that People Will Care About?
– A Guide to Constructing Worlds and Setting Scenes
– How to Create Powerful Dialogue
– How to Make the Best Use of POV & Narrative Voice
– Editor Q&A: What Makes A Bestselling Book?
– Writer’s Block: What Is It & How Can You Overcome It?
1. The place where you felt happiest or safest.
2. An antiquated item like a pay phone you had to dial, penny candy, or your Charlie’s Angels lunch box.
3. A food that reminds you of your youth.
4. What you thought you were going to be when you grew up.
5. Your childhood fear
1. What are the parts that nobody sees? (in you)
2. What are your current obsessions?
3. If you could start over, what would you change?
4. How do you wrangle your inbox?
5. How did you develop your personal style?
6. What do you do when a customer asks for a refund?
7. When’s the last time you took a chance–and what happened?
8. What’s the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
9. When’s the last time you felt a strong “gut instinct” and followed it?
10. How do you “turn around” a crummy, difficult day?
11. What’s a word, phrase, or idea that you’ve learned from another culture that really inspires you?
12. What’s something you’ll never, ever do again?