* Two souls, connected by fate and cursed to be forever reincarnated until they……
* they have no idea.
* Are they supposed to fight? Bring balance to the universe?? Get married??? Aren’t these types of curses supposed to have a prophecy or something?!
* The time has come, the Reaper is here to take you now by force because you have stayed on the suface for far too long. First, he asks, looking deeply into your eyes, “What do you fear?” Seconds after, he began to shake.
* As you walk down the street you hear a man’s voice say “you’d look prettier if you smiled.” So you turn around and give him your widest grin, revealing 1inch bloodstained fangs.
* A TV show where flat earthers look for the end of the earth, after three seasons of failure and getting made fun of, they find it.
* Gods are manifestations of groups of like minds; “Atheis” has just come into existence and arrives on Earth trying to inspire her ‘followers’.
* You wake up and look in the mirror. A red “Admin” floats above your head. You have just become a server admin to the world.
* “Do not hang up. This is not a wrong number. We have your loved one. To see them again, get the package on your doorstep and open it. Put on the mask. Grab your choice of weapon. Go to the house address written on the note card. Kill them all.”
* You’re the grim reaper’s cousin, the grin reaper, and let’s just say your work is…interesting.
* Gods die when people stop believing in them. You are a god, and your last follower is dying. Your days are numbered.
* “I… I thought you were out of town,” Charlie said, his face pale and his eyes wide with terror.
* “You are a sin, my disgrace of a son.”
* The next morning Roderick woke up exhausted. He barely slept and the few dreams he had were all about Charlie never wanting to speak to him again. Charlie had only tried to reconcile, he shouldn’t have stormed off like he had. Roderick packed his things and once again set out for Rosebarrow.
* arriving at the bakery he noticed that a rather large crowd had gathered around its entrance. As he made his way through the crowd, he passed a man who said, “I heard his own father has done him in. Praise that man.” Another woman said, “It’s probably going to take a while to scrub that sinful blood out from the floor.”
* Terror swept quick as lightning over Roderick’s face. His heart raced as he made his way to the edge of the crowd. He noticed a woman speak to two men in red cloaks. ‘That must be the royal guard,’ thought Roderick. “Could you describe to me what the man looked like?” inquired one of the guards. “Man? He’s an abomination! Just like that scum Charlie you found dead on the floor this morning.”
* he´s heart almost pounded out of his chest and he could barely make out what the woman was saying among the thunder in his head. “He has curly hair and green eyes and is about this height,” to which the woman rose her hand a foot above her head. “And he has a sword with a very distinguishable guard. An owl!” Roderick’s heart might as well have stopped at that very moment, but instead it was pounding so quickly and loud that people around him might have heard it. He glanced at his sword, quickly covered the guard with his hand, and made his way out of the crowd as fast as he could, fighting back the tears that might give him away. All he wanted was to get out of that place, out of that town.
* He arrived in the woods two hours later. Charlie was dead. Roderick’s only reason to live had been murdered by his own father. He stared blankly into the lake. The water looked serene and darkly inviting. He trudged off into the lake and continued walking limply against the rising water that slowly swallowed him whole. He dived in and tried to stay underwater by holding on to the vegetation growing on the bottom. But no matter how hard Roderick tried, he wouldn’t drown. His head parted the water and he gasped for air before disappearing into the lake again as quickly as he had surfaced. He kept trying to drown himself, but after failing a dozen times he finally gave up. Roderick crawled out of the water and slammed the bank with his fists, making water and sand splash up around him. “Is this what is left of me?” he cried. “How could I have let this happen?” He unsheathed his sword and pressed the point to his chest. But upon seeing the sword he remembered Charlie’s words: “This sword is an heirloom. But we never even look at it. Here, you can have it.” He remembered how Charlie looked at him as he handed Roderick the sword. “May it protect you in the forest and guide you to greater heights. There’s something about you, and I’m not quite sure what it is, but I think you can change this land for the better. I think it’s your eyes…they look so determined.”
* He had accepted the sword rather hesitantly. “Well if you insist, then I shall hereby promise that this sword will not only serve to protect my own ass, but will also serve to protect you.” And then they kissed and laughed, and kissed a little more. Roderick had no idea where his determination had gone since that day, but he started to suspect that it wasn’t the forest that would swallow his soul whole, but rather the people living in Estria themselves.
* A breeze rustled through the trees when suddenly the wind picked up. Birds chirped loudly as their branches swayed. Roderick clenched his sword, his eyes darting around the trees. As quickly as it started, the wind fell silent. Roderick’s mouth fell open in utter bewilderment. It might have been his imagination, but there, only a few feet in front of him, stood Charlie with his back turned to Roderick. His eyes widened as he used his arms to crawl forward, his hand trembling violently as it reached out for Charlie.
* his eyes welling up. His face was soon a mixture of tears and cold water that had dripped from his hair. “I am so sorry!” He forced his body up despite the exhaustion and ran towards Charlie. But he could not will his body for long, his legs were shaking and quickly gave out, making him fall back to his knees. Charlie did not move. “I am a coward,” Roderick began, “I promised I would protect you but even that I couldn’t do.” He waited for a response, but none came. “Charlie?” Still nothing. “Charlie, I love you.” Roderick was desperate. “Charlie, what do you want me to say? Say something. Please…,” he said as he dragged himself forward. And just when he was almost able to graze Charlie’s feet, Charlie turned around and held out his hand, smiling.
* He could feel his blood gushing through his veins as he looked at Charlie’s hand hovering in front of his face. He grasped it, and Charlie helped him up. For a moment they looked at each other. The storm raging in Roderick’s eyes calmed. The wind started to pick up again, and his lover vanished as quickly as he had appeared.
* Night fell and Roderick’s sobs turned into anger as he rummaged in his bag and found that the once warm bread was cold. “Estria and all its people can go fuck themselves!” he shouted at the clouds above him. ‘You were always there for me. Your kind and loving self. You gave me this sword and bread and picked me up when no one else would,’ he thought as he clenched his fist, nails digging so deep into his skin that it began to bleed.
* All of a sudden, it was as if the fire the townsfolk said he would burn in for all of eternity filled his heart. Roderick stood tall. “No one will define me! I will define myself, and if their God doesn’t praise me, I will praise myself!” The wind continued to howl. “I promised I would protect you with this sword and I will.” He lifted it high in the air and looked at the sword as it glistened in the moonlight. “Do you hear me?!” He shouted. “In your memory…,” tears welled up in the corner of his eyes, “… I promise to protect everyone who’s different like us. Even if it costs me my life.” He pounded his chest. “Do you hear me?” he shouted again. “I shall fight. Nor the king’s army nor the people of Estria shall defy me. I am going to train and I will proclaim myself a knight to make sure anyone can be whoever the hell they want to be and love whoever the hell they want to love. I will look after them as you looked after me. This ends here!” And even though tears were rolling down his face, his eyes grew more and more determined.
* Roderick had taken on an apprenticeship as a blacksmith. He’d promised to work diligently and refused any form of compensation as long as the blacksmith taught him how to use his sword. He worked the iron, and with every blow of the hammer he remembered his vow. Each evening he practiced his stances and technique as if his life depended on it – and it did. After three years of toiling every day without pause, he felt confident in his skills. Roderick took the final test, forged his own armor, and passed with flying colors. “Remarkable, the owl elements you managed to put in this armor,” said his teacher, his face beaming with approval. “It’s outstanding.”
* The blacksmith had gifted him a black stallion. Together on his horse Valicius, Roderick forged ahead, looking for other knights to join his order. He galloped to all quarters of the compass, sleeping in the scorching heat of deserts and camping in the darkest of caves.
* Seven months passed and the clatter of hooves that long had been the only sound to keep him company was soon a rolling thunder that would turn the heads of anyone who heard it. For now, riding beside Roderick were seven other knights that had joined the order:
* The Pink Eagle, a princess whose father ordered the death of her beloved Anna, by lashing her until she collapsed.
* The Black Arrow, who never missed a shot except when it comes to romance. He carries a bow made of entangled vines.
* The Gator, a pan knight who was banished and left to his own devices in the swamps of Argar, where he wrestled alligators and gained strength.
* The Eclipse, who was excommunicated after a church member found he took too much liking in men and women, and his non-binary sibling Deimos, who is so strong they can uproot fully grown trees with their bare hands.
* The Diamond, a trans woman to who people threw stones at after a fellow mine worker once caught her wearing a dress. Her armor is made out of the strongest materials, inset with a diamond placed over her heart, that no stone will ever be able to scratch.
* And the Ace, who refused to make love and have children after she was betrothed to a handsome nobleman. She was thrown to the wolves but was quickly accepted by them.
* Grass streaked underneath the thudding of hooves, but vanished as they came to a halt. There they stood, side by side on their horses, on the edge of a cliff that overlooked Rosebarrow.
* “I am honored and blessed to have you as my friends. Three years ago I made a vow…,” he said, looking up, thinking about Charlie “… that I would protect anyone who is queer with this sword.” He heaved the sword to show the other knights. “The king’s army and the people of Estria kill us for what? Because I like men? Because they don’t understand you are a woman? We are a disgrace they say. Say we should burn. But I don’t believe that! Nobody but me decrees what I can and cannot be!” He banged his chest. “We share the same pain and I have nothing but respect and admiration that you joined me on this mission. This isn’t my mission anymore, it’s ours.”
* “There are kids, people, who go through life with their heads down, ashamed of who they are. They have been taught that who they are is wrong and they can’t even be themselves, and if they are, they get punished. Accepting yourself, loving yourself, being proud of yourself, it’s something all those people in Estria have. They are probably not even aware of what a privilege that is. And they call us a sin? Us? Fuck them. Being able to be yourself is a goddamn human right! And nobody, nobody, is going to take that away from us.”
* “We have been through a lot. The battle is by far not only fought in the realm of the physical. The hardest battle is in our mind and hearts. But we are strong, we have overcome many trials, and you have given me the courage to stand up for others! To walk with pride!”
* “Tonight we ride for Rosebarrow and let it be known we have arrived!
* This made me tear up
* As someone who has struggled with his orientation for a long time, this story hits really close to home and is very important to me. I reached out to @caeryth asking if we could do more with it. We want to have a website and create more Pride Knights’ content to inspire and empower others. We want everyone to know that your differences are what make you unique and that you are valid no matter how you identify yourself. We are both students and are short on money to buy a website but this is going to happen no matter how long it takes. However, we’ve made merch for our fellow Pride Knights who want to help out. Meet us:
* We have each other’s backs!
* We stand up for our fellow queers who fight day in and out and we draw strength from them!
* We walk with pride!
* Maybe it was a good life. Maybe it was a just life. Maybe it’s okay to just call it a life.
* She strokes her last follower’s–her last love’s–hair and looks up at the moon. Ashley’s sleeping for once, breath rattling in diseased lungs, and it’s only in moments like this that Shella lets herself look within. She can’t hide from Ashley–they’ve known each other too deeply for that–but even Ashley can’t see what Shella keeps locked, locked, locked away.
* And isn’t it worse that she’s panicking over her own life and not Ashley’s? What sort of god is she that she can’t cry for her follower’s suffering? Can’t mourn? Can’t grieve?
* Shella–when she was not always Shella–has had many followers. She’s seen humans born in her temples and die in them. She’s seen so many humans die that Ashley’s descent into Death’s embrace is natural. Expected.
* Why oh why did Ashley not worship a healing god? Why her? Why Shella?)
* She stirs in her sleep, her wrinkles deepening and darkening in pain. This, at least, Shella can soothe. She invites the aches into her own body, placing her hand on Ashley’s forehead and dragging it lightly down the bridge of her nose. Ashley’s pain flows into the joints of Shella’s hands, gnarling her fingers with age, arthritis, and unending sickness. It takes longer for Shella to heal from this than it used to–she’s dying too.
* The gods are dying like this. With human weakness sneaking through their divinity and into their lungs.
* Shella should have left weeks ago when Ashley asked her to. She should have resumed her young form–twenty-something and free–and found new followers to sustain her. She should have turned her eyes from her fading love and looked to the future like she had so many times before.
* She afraid to die. Thousands of years are etched into her bones and she craves a thousand more. How can history end? How can her history just stop? It doesn’t seem possible, but there’s some greater force at play here because she didn’t do what she needed to to avoid this–she didn’t leave Ashley behind.
* And now she’s counting Ashley’s breaths like prayer, waiting for a final amen.
* When it comes, She isn’t ready. She’s not prepared. She doesn’t know. She thinks the spasm in Ashley’s chest is just more pain. She tries to take that too and invites Death into her own lungs unwittingly.
* She closes her eyes a heartbeat after Ashley does and does not feel it when the earth reclaims its divinity.
* In another world, you wakes up. She can breathe the fresh air without pain. The back of her hands are smooth, free of age spots, and her eyes can see across the field she’s in, all the way to the green forest at the foot of the hills.
* Under her hands is soft, wheat-colored hair. Ashley knows who it is by the way her breath freezes in her lungs. there’s only one person–one god–who’s ever been able to do that, to make her willingly stop breathing from awe.
* Her god followed her to this place. She can remember pleading with Shella to leave, to find whole followers and not broken ones like her. But her god didn’t. Her god never left her, hands in her hair like her hands are in Shella’s hair now. And now–the first of their new age of miracles.
* An unlucky demon who continuously possesses terminally ill people. To make the possessed body work to their needs, the demon cures the illness. The newly cured bodies are then strong enough to kick out the demon, and the cycle repeats.
* An island that is the safest place on the planet. Humans live in complete harmony with nature. Photos have leaked, sparking interest from tourist groups. You are tasked with filling the internet with misinformation about the pics and island, to keep people in fear of it.
* Write two very different haikus that end in the same line.
* Magic is real but every spell ages you and takes years off your life. Magicians are a slave class, forced to prematurely age their body at their owner’s bidding. Write about a slave who looks 50 but is actually still a child.
* “Demons” are actually just the original inhabitants of Earth. A humanoid race of aliens invaded Earth long ago and tried to justify their oppression of the natives to the citizens of their homeworld to receive more funding for their excursion. To do this they wrote the bible as propaganda.
* Every year on your birthday, you get a visit from the Grim Reaper who challenges you to a contest with the next year of your life on the line.
* Nearly one-thousand years after humanity has left Earth and taken to the stars, a rift has opened in the center of the galaxy.
* The rift has been teleporting new planets, known as Nomen, into the solar systems.
* A period of tense peace begins between formerly warring factions, as a galactic landgrab begins to claim and colonize these Nomen. But the mysterious Nomen carry a dark secret within them, a secret that could lead to the end of humanity.
* This secret is stumbled upon by four unlikely heroes, each from a faction that hates the other.
* Can these four overcome their differences and unite a war-torn humanity against this new threat?
* Gods die when people stop believing in them. You are a god, and your last follower is dying. Your days are numbered.
* Since you were a child you had great proficiency in black arts and magic, and decided to use your necromancy abilities to fight crime, solve murders and bring peace to the victims. Describe how you came to be a member of the secret branch of Interpol.
* Dreams are just short vacations to alternative universes. Every dream has a timer, and when it reaches zero, you wake up. Alarm clocks are force portals so you get back home faster than the time limit. One day you are dreaming a nightmare, but you think you are safe since the timer is about to run out. But when it does, nothing happens. You are stuck here forever.
* A deaf composer and a blind lyricist are slowly falling in love as they work on a collab. You are their interpreter, who has to translate all their flirting and go with them on dates.
* You’re a person that gets constantly reborn, yet always forgets your past life. This time, however, someone up there forgot to put you through the whole memory wiping process, and you remember everything.
* For thousands of years, people thought God was the good guy and Satan was the evil lord. But, something happens that changes everyone’s views, now they must go and seek for Lucifer’s help.
* You command a legion of demons who take commands and do your work via your thoughts. Today you have a song stuck in your head that isn’t very violent and your legion must figure out how to complete the orders of this song.
* You are a very boring person by all standards, with absolutely no qualities that are not average. You wake up one morning surrounded by tiny people who appear to have summoned you and refer to you as “The Great One”.
* One day, the sky splits open, creating a huge, dark crack. People around the world watch in horror as the crack widens and widens until it reveals…teeth.
* I just woke up and I am absolutely touched to see that dozens of courageous and loving people joined @prideknights. Welcome, everyone, welcome. I am so glad we all got together to share a positive yet powerful message. I am very grateful that you are here.
* The inbox is filled with positive messages from fellow Pride Knights. Yet there was one negative message and for some reason, a negative message is always much more impactful than a dozen positive messages. It makes you feel bad or it hurts. It takes ten seconds to read but it sticks in your mind like glue for the rest of the day, making you feel miserable. It might have been shallow hate or a nasty remark, either way, you may start doubting yourself.
* Throughout my life, I have had countless experiences with negativity and I would dwell and dwell on it. But then one day it clicked, why do I spend valuable time and energy on this? Why do I let this ruin my day?
* So the next time someone said something negative about me I would ask myself the following questions:
* Does dwelling on this remark improve my life?
* Do their words make me grow as an individual?
* Is this worth spending my time on? Is it worth thinking about?
* If the answer to these three questions is ‘no’ I asked myself these two questions:
* What is it that I want out of life? It could be working towards a goal, towards happiness, or anything else.
* Two souls, connected by fate and cursed to be forever reincarnated until they……