- Basic vegan bread
- 2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water 105-115f. approx. 40-45 cup
- 1 teaspoon vegan sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar (any kind of sugar or sweetener)
- 2 tablespoon salt (may be reduced to 1 T)
- 2-4 tablespoon oil (may be omitted but loaves will be tougher)
- 6-7 cups of bread flour (all purpose can be used but it doesn’t rise as well and has a
- slightly different texture.)
Mix first three ingredients together, let stand until foamy. About 3-5 min. Add 3 cups of warm water, vegan sugar (any kind of sugar or sweetener) and start adding flour. When mixture is very thick add salt and oil. Continue adding flour until you can’t add any more. Turn out and let rest while you clean bowl. Kneed for 10 min. adding remaining flour. Place in oiled bowl and turn over to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place (if you would be comfortable naked it is warm enough) until doubled. Punch down and divide into four equal parts. Place in oiled pan and let rise until even with top of pan.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 min.
This dough can be used for pizza crusts, cinnimon rolls, calzones or other recipe that calls for dough except quick vegan breads.