- 1 package of rice noodles
- 1 bottle of Trader Joe’s Thai sesame/peanut dipping sauce (it is vegan and has no preservatives) or you can use any vegan thai peanut sauce
- 1 package of baked tofu, Thai flavored by Nasoya
- 1 bag of frozen vegetables, I use broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- 3 or 4 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- soy sauce to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- chopped peanuts to garnish
Boil your rice noodles till they are tender, drain and rinse with cold water, set aside. Steam or microwave the veggies, set aside. Combine sauce, pb, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes in a small bowl, set aside. (The sauce is great by itself but I find it is not quite peanuty enough for me.) Cut the tofu into small cubes and set aside. Combine everything in a great big pot. stir well, heat through. Add cilantro at the last minute. serve with peanuts on top. eat with chopsticks… mmmmmmmm
p.s. This is a recipe that is even better the next day and is fabulous cold.