- 3/4 cup flour (whole wheat or unbleached whole white)
- 1/4 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup turbinado vegan sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon each cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger (depending on yer taste)
- Ener-G Egg Replacer of yer choice equal to one egg
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated carrot, 1/4 cup walnuts or other nuts, 1/2 cup raisins
Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, then combine, mixing just enough to blend. Fill greased muffin tins and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
These muffins are super for those who don’t get enough fiber (or those who want more), and they are great for a light breakfast with a piece of fruit and juice.