- 1 roasted red pepper, skin, stem & seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups roasted cashews
- 1-7 ounce can jalapenos, drained
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (for color)
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. I didn’t have success with this in my food processor. It didn’t grind the seeds up very well.
Warm sauce gently (don’t boil!) over low heat and pour over corn chips. Or drizzle it over chips and bake them, covered, for 10-15 minutes in a 375*F oven. You don’t want to dry out your lovely sauce. It also makes a good cheezy burrito filling with tempeh taco meat and seasoned black beans.